AT&T Wireless / unauthorized charge, misinformation of contract end date resulting in early cancellation fees, intentionally charging for services not used
Summary: stay away from AT&T. I am now a Tmobile customer and so far have seen a greater level of transparency as opposed to the old Tmobile.
Issue 1: Early cancellation due to misinformation by AT&T reps.
- Fully conscious of contract cancellation fees, i called AT&T on multiple occasions asking when my contract expires. The reps on 2 occasions said that April 12, 2011 was the expiry date. After i cancelled on April 15, 2011, then i received a final bill which included cancellation charges. When i called to inquire, they told me the contract was over in September and even though they could see records of all the past calls, they would not honor what the past reps had told me, and insisted that i pay the cancellation fees.
Issue 2: AT&T does not remove Iphone data plans when a user removes the iphone from their account.
- When i lost my iphone, i called to deactivate the line. The rep deactivated it but did not inform me that the data plan would still be active. This should be the responsibility of AT&T to remove the plan.
Issue 3: Knowing that AT&T would be charging me for my final bill of which i disputed, i went online to remove the automatic payment. AT&T charged me automatically anyways, illegally charging my credit card without permission.
More AT&T Wireless Complaints & Reviews
- C4 Connections / AT&T - carl blust 
- AT&T - uverse equipment returns 
- Vesta AT&T - unauthorized bank charge 
- AT&T Uverse - service 
- AT&T - billing rip-off 
- AT&T - two unauthorised charges to my credit card so far.
- AT&T - customer service
- AT&T - telephone scams started after filing an insurance claim
- AT&T/Direct TV - direct tv
- AT&T - at&t, internet, directv and u verse tv