AT&T Wireless / wireless rebate not received

1 P.O. Box 650129, El Paso Zip 885650129, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1 866-852-8617

Here is the letter I tried to send to
AT&[protected]@CustomerCare regarding an unreceived Rebate for a SONY ERICSSON Cell phone purchsed October 28, 2008. THis email was returned to me as an undeliverable email address.
Sonya Guidry
1205 Lurian Street New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168
Primary Cell: [protected]
--- --- --- --- --- --- ---
AT&T WIRELESS REBATE CUSTOMER SERVICE:

On wireless account # [protected] and #[protected], billed to Sonya Guidry at 1205 Lurian Street, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168, I made an upgraded purchase of a Sony Ericsson phone October 28, 2008, with all the paperwork to assure me that a $50 rebate would be forthcoming.

It has been over three months since I received an AT&T text message that my rebate form had been received, and now two months since I received a text message (Dated 12-13-08) that my rebate had been mailed to me and I should expect it within two weeks...which would have been around 12-27-08.

NO REBATE WAS RECEIVED FOR THE Sony Ericsson PHONE I PURCHASED on 10-28-08. (IMEI: [protected]-030633-6 svn 10). When I called the ATT Customer service # that the ATT sales agent entered into my address book, the gentleman there was unable to help me. When I called the
[protected] on the AT&T Wireless Rebate form, they also were unable to help me.

You might be interested to know THIS IS NOT AN ISOLATED INCIDENT! See the following:
AT&T Rebate Offer 2007
Posted: 2008-03-11 by Cheryl Pascual [send email]

Rebate not received!

Complaint Rating:
Company information:
AT&T
Phone: [protected]
www.att.com/wirelessrebate

I'm just adding to the list of AT&T rebate complaints that are already online. Again just another case where the rebate never made it to me. I followed up and kept track of my forms and still nothing, no recourse, and nowhere else to go.

Submitted in September. Customer Service recording says it was processed in October and I'll receive it in 3 weeks. Never received. Called in January and wasn't sure if that message meant 3 weeks after it was processed or 3 weeks after my call. Called again in March and got the same message so I assume I was supposed to get it in November. Never received anything and now the website is down.

AT&T has a nice clause in the fine print that tries to release them from any liability it states "AT&T and it's Fullment Company assume no liability for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, or postage-duemail or requests that fail to be properly delivered to the address stated on the order form for any reason..." Is that legal or is that too general?

Sounds sketchy to me. According to that clause they could do any number of fraudulent things to get out of delivering these rebate cards or prevent them from getting used up before the expiration date so they are not liable for the expenses. AT&T could technically not send any of them, or send them to a different address, or an employee could steal a bunch, or they could demagnetize them (so if you were lucky enough to actually get it, it wouldn't work)... who knows. In the end we the consumers get zilch and have no way to fight back.

I wonder how many other people have had issues with these damn rebates. From what I've found online it seems like quite a few people for several AT&T products are complaining and the call centers are giving them the run-around. So many of us would never have purchased or signed up for service if we had known we wouldn't get our rebates. I also wonder how much time wasted we've all spent calling customer service. So if I waste 2 hours of accumulated time trying to follow up on this thing at $50/ hour... they owe me my $50 rebate AND another $100 for my time.
Comments United States Mobile & Cell Phones

Comments

• Ka
      13th of Feb, 2009

Yeah, I NEVER get the $50 rebate for my High Speed Internet and Home Phone bundle, either.

• Am
      17th of Feb, 2009

hi,
    i purchase an LGCU720BLK WITH NUMBER 5515564510.BUT IT NEVER CAME WITH THE REBATE OF $50 .FORM.SO AS A NOW I HAVENT RECIEVED MY REBATE.THE PHONE WAS PURCHASESD ON DECEMBER 24TH.THE NAME ON THE ACCOUNTS IS AMINA ALI. EMAILADDRESS...[protected]@YAHOO.COM.

• Am
      17th of Feb, 2009

PLEASE REPLY TO ME

• Da
      27th of Mar, 2009

Hello,

I have been promised twice by AT & T to receive VISA reward cards.

The first was several years ago for switching my home service to AT&T. I was to receive a $50.00 card. After several calls and much frustration I just gave up.

The second is more recent. I was called at home with an offer to add high speed internet to my existing phone service. The offer included the wireless modem, interne service and my home service remained the same (call waiting, caller ID, call forwarding, ect.) all this for an additional $30.00. Plus the added bonus of a $75.00 VISA card. My first bill after the upgrade was about $120.00 more than my normal bill, followed by another bill for $40.00 more than the combined total should have been. This all occured in Decmeber of 2008. Customer service told me the hardware was not included in the offer and I needed to pay for the modem. They agreed to give me a $50.00 VISA card (which I have received) and also I need to go online and apply for a rebate for the modem. I applied for the rebate and have yet to receive the $78.00 rebate.

All I can say is, I've been burned twice by A T & T and may just cancel all my accounts with them.

19th of Jul, 2009

i think thats what they hope for .is that people will get frustrated and give up; i will not give up, even if i have to go to call kurtis or one of those channells to get some help, if more people did this instead of giving up, maybe these companys would get in trouble or somthing;;;;soooooooooooooo dont give in

• Sh
      19th of Jul, 2010

I upgraded my phone in April 2010 and immediately sent in the rebate form. Two weeks later I got a text saying they had received it and two months later they texted to say they had sent the rebate out. It is now mid-July and still no rebate.

• Ha
      3rd of Nov, 2010

you guys need to read the terms before assuming you'll receive a rebate card or a att visa reward card also it would help if you contact at&t customer service prior to purchasing or registering to insure you qualify for the rebate. c'mon now people quit reading the bold print and assume, read the descriptive words such as may qualify. Example may qualify for a $50 instant rebate if you have qualified plans..hmmm giving you a hint here.

• Ry
      17th of Jan, 2011

I only get rebate for one of my phone. They said it because I put 2 rebate forms in one envelope. $30 each.

• In
      6th of Apr, 2011

Yesterday my AT&T Samsung Captivate (model I897) studdenly stop receiving data from the AT&T network. I paid for a service plan for Tethering and data from the GPS. I stopped into a AT&T store in Plano, TX. They checked my plan and they said I do have tethering and data. Then the sales rep disassembled my phone and brought me a new sim card. He still could not make it work. He then declared that the phone was bad and I needed to exchange it for another phone which may not be the same phone. I had spent more than $200 accessories such as a car mount, extra battery and charger, and data cables. I told him I would do this. I told him if I did not have the capability to use what I paid for, i wanted the service stopped! He blew us and said I would have to pay $350 to suspend the service!

I walked out and later called 611 and asked the service representative to suspend the service. She asked why. I told her. She removed the service. Then after a conversation with hers she referred me to a tech rep, who walked me through the steps to set up the phone. He check the the circuit at the AT&T control center. Then suddenly the service returned! That technician handed me over to another technician who set me up on tethering. So all the blustery about the phone being bad and the I needed to trade it in for another phone which may be different from the one I paid for was incompetence!

I really suspect that AT&T did something at the office that cause the data to stop working then corrected it without admitting that they had fouled it up in the first place. Now I have a good phone but have completely lost confidence with AT&T. My next phone will be a Verizon.

Had I blindly followed his recommendation, I would be out at least $200 and stood a change of ending up with another bad phone. Why can't one suspend the services on a phone that won't work? The calling feature was working. If the data won't work, then that service and CHARGES should be suspended until I am ready to purchase another phone. The arrogance of AT&T is astonishing!