ATT Uverse / doesn't want to honor rebate agreement

1 Modesto, CA, United States Review updated:

I had Clearwire internet and was at the end of my contract and I couldn't wait to get rid of it due to horrible service. After doing some research I decided to go with ATT Elite DSL, I already had satellite service with Directv and was getting rid of my home phone so I only wanted internet service. I was told that the Elite DSL wasn't offered in my area but if I went with the Uverse package which included tv service then I would be able to get the Elite. This really never made sense to me but I thought ok because my Directv was starting to get ridiculously high. I saw a pattern where every two to three months the the bill kept creeping up. Only problem was I still had a few more months left in my contract with Directv. The ATT rep on the phone (Matt) told me if I went with the Uverse package I would get a rebate of $200. Since I knew I would have to pay a termination fee with Directv but unsure of how much...Verizon charged me $200 to terminate with only a few months left...I asked the (Matt) how long it would take to get the $200. He said normally it takes a few months because they want to make sure that the customer stays with them and does not cancel. I told the (Matt) I can't wait that long because I have to pay Directv's termination fee and I don't have the money right now. I told the (Matt) I would just have to wait until my contract was up and then I would call ATT Uverse to hook up service. (Matt) then tells me he is going to talk to his manager (John) and see what they could do for me and asks me to hold on the line. He comes back on and tells me that his manager (John) has ok'd to have my bill credited with the $200. I wanted to make sure this is correct to I said to (Matt), so my first two months I will not be bill correct? (Matt) says yes that is correct. (Matt) tells gives me his manager's (John) number and tells me to call (John) if my credit does not show up on my bill but assures me that the credit would show up. I get my first bill..NO CREDIT! I call (John's) number and get a woman's voicemail. I'm thinking oh great here we go but I left a message anyway. I decided not to wait around and called the main number. I got transferred 4 times and had to explain my situation 4 times! So I explained the problem again to the last person I was transferred to (Shelly). She's checking notes and doesn't see anything in there from Matt stating that my bill would be credited $200...Gee...why doesn't this surprise me! ...So Shelly asks me to hold while she tries to get a hold of someone to confirm what I told her. She comes back and of course can't get ahold of anyone. She tries to offer me $100 off my bill and the remaining $100 to be redeemed online. I told her NO! That was not the agreement! I tell her that (Matt) said his manager (john) ok'd it and even gave me his number in case I was charged. So she asks me for (John's number)...You would think they would already have this person's number! So again she puts me on hold, comes back and still can't get ahold of anyone...or so she says! She tells me that she left (John) a message to call me and that he would be calling me by the end of the day...No returned phone call...The next day...No returned phone call. Now I'm pissed! I am going to call them one more time and if no results I'm going straight to the BBB and out local news consumer advocate. I call (John's) number and the same woman on the voicemail answers this time. She tells me this is not (John's ) number and she has no idea who (John) is!!! %#$@&&(**($^*!!! I told her well (Matt) the rep that set me up this account told me to call (John) at this number and ran down the whole freaking story again! She says well there isn't a (John ) here but there is a Juan. What the [censored] is wrong with these people!! So she tells me that she will have (Matt) call me back. I told her he better and he better call by today or I'm taking matters into my own hands. So far it's been an hour and no return call. I'm not going to sit and wait around and play games with these people. When I am done typing my complain here I am going straight to the BBB. Screw ATT UVERSE!!!

Km

Comments

• Km
      11th of Sep, 2009

Ok here's a followup...I called (John's) number again because I forgot to get the woman's name that I spoke with and guess what?!!! They disconnected the phone number!!! I am more than pissed now!!! I am cancelling their service and will not pay a time back to them!

• Km
      11th of Sep, 2009

I just wanted to follow up. After talking to still another person and arguing for more than a half hour I finally got a call back and ATT Uverse agreed to credit me the $200.