ATT Uverse / service installation

neighborhoodDallas, TX, United States Review updated:
Outrageous poor service adn communication---AT and T Uverse took and gave a huge amount of information. We waited 3 weeks for installation. Moved TV cabinet and prepared for access to lines. They did not clearly explain and emphasize at any time that ONE wall outlet, installed as a 3 prong grounded outlet was absolutely required. The technician came in for the job---in a few minutes, said cannot do it--the outlet is not 3-way grounded. The home has had satellite, TV, internet routers, etc for several years. We did not realize that we could not use the 2 to 3 prong adaptor, and a surge protector plug for the uverse router. Only one outlet of this type is needed. Beware, if u get uverse---have the 3 way grounded plug available before they show up. The tech did not bother to ask or tell us that before he came to the house.
Does he get the same pay for a call if he comes, says he cannot do the job and leaves?
I had told the phone sales man when ordering--ATT has so much legal-eze "conditions" to protect Themselves. I could not digest all that stuff. Maybe the info. was in the fine print somewhere, but I got lost. They need to write their Excessive regs and conditions so that real people can understand them!!!
Just a few words in a simple sentence would have prevented a very frustrating "NO SERVICE" call. So the tech did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TODAY!!!

Comments

Am
  28th of Jan, 2009
This happened to me too. How annoying! You prepare for the new installation, you wait hours for a technician to show up and he just walks in, and 2 minutes later leave because you dont have a grounded outlet. They could have EASILY told us this on the phone when we placed the order. Thank god my hubby didnt get around to canceling the satellite service we already had.

The worst thing about this, is that the reason I was given for the NEED of the grounded outlet was that the quality of the picture MAY be affected and they wouldn't be able to do anything about it, so they just dont bother installing it at all. The technician said that the image quality would be barely noticeable, but some households had complained, so they made the grounded outlet a policy.

Oh yah, another disgusting ATT practice is that custome service agents are always telling me that we can just get an electrician to "ground and outlet" by running a wire to the ground or something and their technicians would accept that. TOO BAD any respectable electrician I called to talk about my options told me that this ATT recommended procedure is shady, dangerous and not to code. No good electrician would do this.

It would cost us $1800 to re-do our home's wiring just to get uverse. no thank you!
Ch
  13th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
If you dont have grounded outlets, maybe you should move into a nicer home or stop trying to move a outdated home into the future or quite complaining about the service when your house is the problem not the service. BOTTOM LINE its your problem not UVerse. Upgrade your home before trying to upgrade your cable. Spend the money on your home instead of worrying about TV. Someone needs to get there priorities right. Living on food stamps and welfare but you have cable hum somethings wrong with this picture.
Be
  22nd of May, 2009
wow that last comment was un-called-for. What a douche.
Pj
  23rd of May, 2009
I waited 2 weeks before this technician was to install the Uverse service. I was kind of excited about it because it looked good on the internet presentation. The guy was to be here between 12 and 2pm to install. I rearranged my whole schedule for the installation. The guy comes in with a three prong plug and states that they needed a grounded outlet for it to work. I thought to myself, "why wasnt I told this weeks ago? I went thru the entire house and no grounded outlet. I told ATT that my comcast modem I could plug right in anywhere I wanted. As my blood started to boil, I told the guy to get out of my house. I almost gave the guy a humiliating kick in the crouch for wasting my time. You call and complain to ATT and you get the countless handholders who really could care less one way or another. Thank God for Comcast!
Pa
  20th of Apr, 2010

ATT Uverse - Sx billing Issues

On 4-13-2010 my computor/phone sx was disconnected. My phone # is 708-344-1365 I was sending my paynments regularly to Carol Stream office via my bank, I did not know and was never told the my bill had been Boundled? Since Att&T now is U-Verse I had expected business like attitude the accounts should have been MERGED into one since the companies are ONE, but this was not and still isn'tthe case. I have proof that was faxed to both accounts that the bill was paid but today received another Bill for additional 146.odd cent???????? I closed my account after years of being and ATT supporter to now Comcast>>>> I now would like both these accounts settled, closed and please let me know where to send or take your equipment!!!

NO Longer, a problem with you!!!
Fr
  9th of Apr, 2011
Chris ~ you're an azzhole !
Na
  23rd of Feb, 2014

ATT Uverse Service - Repair
Att Uverse
Fort Worth
Texas

ATT Uverse provides the absolute worse customer there is t. o offer. From the first transfer to the fifth, I will receive 5 different answers. I had an appt for repair on Sund Feb 23, 2014 and my time slot was 4-8, then I get an automated message that it's been changed to 12-4, what the HE__? So I call them, and of course, they have NO idea why it was changed and so they change it back to 4-8

On Sunday Feb 23, I get a call at 1:30 pm and the person says, if I can have a technician there in 30 minutes can we (ATT) do the repair then, I said sure!. An hour passes while I wait and I call them back, I get ttransferred to India or whereever their calls are outsourced to and they show no record of anyone calling me. "Mr. Indian" Sir are you saying I'm lying, the incoming call is on my caller ID" He goes on to tell me a technician has NOT been assigned to my repair and the system still shows my repair time of 4-8. Ugg...I just want to rip all this Shyt out of my house. I HATE ATT Screw-verse!

ATT Uverse Logo ATT Uverse