AT&T U - Verse / no rewards

Grand Rapids, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-855-2880

I cannot find anything on rebates & rewards. I have been fooled into getting a service that I don't think is any better than what I had. I also did not find any rewardcenter web site. This is a scam as for as I can see. If you cannot send me my reward as you promised I will never recommend anyone to you. Make me a believer and send me what you promised. 300 dollars in rewards. You send me a bill every month, how about you live up to all your advertising. I want to use my rewards towards my bill. I expect to see a negative balance on the next bill.

Comments

Pe
  16th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
go to google and type att uverse rewards
Ka
  25th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
You need to call the customer service line and ask about your reward. I also was confused how this worked and called and asked. The very nice lady on the phone directed me to a page on their website. On that page you are able to request where the reward should be sent and if you want an email notification once it is mailed.

AT&T is great service for me. I'm saving 45$ a month with their uverse and internet and getting 200 more channels than I did with our local cable provider. If you weighed the options though and don't like the service, you should switch back. AT&T has no contracts so their shouldn't be a problem.

Good Luck!
Re
  17th of Dec, 2008
im a rep at the reward center u need to call us at 1877-258-1427 to get reward.
Fi
  11th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
The process of obtaining proimsed cash back has been ridiculous. Even after you were promised money in the mail, do not expect it to ever arrive or be credited onto your account, do not include it in any of your financial planning, instead think of it as a little angel drop from the sky and you will be a happy camper.

AT&T will probably send you a mailer around 30 days after your service--this is the most efficient part of the "reward" process. If I could give a compliment to AT&T about their Uverse service, it would be how efficient the automatic mailers are with very nice orange, attention grabbing colors and glossy, tactile textures. Wow. When I signed up for Uverse with the promise of cash back, I was promised $225 in rewards. A mailer arrived on October 17 with a website to access. However, when I typed the website into my browser, it claimed I was not eligible for any rewards! And, so, as rewRep1190 suggests, I "redeemed" my cash back by calling the Uverse call center on October 24, 2008. The kind peanut eating representive informed me to expect the checks to arrive shortly after Thanksgiving, about 5 weeks after the redemption. And, guess what? My cash back for switching from a reliable cable provider increased to $280. Meanwhile, mailers continue to arrive offering me to switch from my local cable provider.

It is now January 11, 2009, and I have yet to receive a reward. When I called back at the beginning of December, a hapless agent informed me that the reward was "stuck in the system", and he needed approval from his supervisor to move it forward and to expect it within 2 weeks. Well, when I called two weeks later to find out when the checks would be mailed, I asked to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor was very good at her job. She informed me only that the checks were stuck in the system and to expect them in 2 weeks. Groundhog Day revisited. I have to say that all the agents I contacted were honest and sincere in telling me this: "There is nothing I can do to help expedite the reward, even though you have been waiting 11 weeks for checks that would normally be processed in 4 weeks." Unexpectedly, I received an email from AT&T to let me know I qualified for a $50 gift card. However, the gift card does not show up in the redeemed reward window on the website. That is a total of $330 AT&T has promised but not delivered.

You know, I will be thankful when the money arrives, if it ever does, but this is truly ridiculous. I have little good to say about this service.

AT&T Logo AT&T