ATT U-Verse / deceptive practice

Beware of ATT U-Verse! Since installing ATT U-Verse many local in-coming calls have become long distance calls. (This means that my wife cannot call home from her place of business 8 miles away to check on her son, and there us no cell phone due to the mountains in between.) I have spent hours on the phone from the first week of installation trying to have this corrected or to get out of my contract. (Had we known that this would be the result of the switch, we would not have made it.) AT&T investigations of this were initiated, and at one point I was told that the problem was isolated and would be corrected within 24 hours. Days passed without a change. At my last call, I was told that the previous investigator was mistaken and that this was a "known problem" and could not be solved. I stated that I wanted out of the contract but was told that my 30 day trial had passed and was obligated to pay $180. if cancelled service. (I was stalled just long enough to entrap me in a 12 month contract.) I was also told that this was not an AT&T problem, that it was the problem with the service of the various outside callers. Not only that, but the U-Verse WiFi switch is pokey and inconsistent. I look forward to completing my contract and would recommend anyone looking for bundled phone, TV & internet services to look elsewhere.

Ch