AT"T U Verse / reward promised

I agreed to switch my television company from DirecTV to AT&T Uverse if AT&T would help me with the penalty I have to pay DirecTV for leaving before my contract expires.
I received a postcard from AT&T declaring that my "reward" is waiting for me. AT&T gave me my member ID; I selected my password.
AT&T reward center refuses to acknowledge either one or the other; it is unclear which. I had been told by many people not to trust AT&T, that they are liars. Is my trouble proof of that?

More AT"T U Verse Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Lj
      21st of Jan, 2012

I've had similar problems with A.T. & T. U-verse. I asked to transfer my U-verse service to a new address and was told that there was a better service available that was twice as fast and instead of $35.00 they were charging 29.95 per month. I thought that sounded pretty good. Then they told me that a modem ("Internet Gateway") would be automatically shipped to me and that I must send it back as soon as I got it or I would be billed for it. I said I didn't want it as I already have a U-verse modem and I asked if there was any difference in the modems. I was told no. So there was no reason for it to be sent to me. So, they sent it, I received it and I turned around and sent it back to them via a local UPS store using the returned label supplied in the box, which happened to be a U.S. Postal Service label (untrackable as it turned out). I was given a tracking number. They are now saying that I must pay $100.00 for this equipment because they haven't received it supposedly, and that they require all equipment to be returned by UPS. I talked to the UPS store who would be happy to send everything via UPS, but they were provided with the return labels (USPS) used to send the equipment back by A.T. & T. I sent the equipment back on Jan. 4th and it is now Jan. 20th. They said that when they receive it they will credit me the $100.00, but it might take 2-3 billing cycles (2-3 months) to get the credit. Several people have said that this has been a reoccurring complaint. I spoke with 6 different "Customer Care" people, all of who claimed to document my problem. The last person I talked to said that nothing had been documented. The second to last person, Robert Schneider (#RS541V) said that they had, in fact, received it and made a ticket to get my bill updated without the charge. The last person I talked to Chelsea (#CC182U) said there was a ticket but that the equipment had not been received. So even though it is clear that I do not have the equipment because I have the tracking number provided by the UPS store, they still insist on charging me.