AT&T U - Verse / at&t rewards

United States Review updated:
4.3
Phone: 1.877.258.1427
U-verse installed Nov. 6 '08; not totally happy
with some parts of the program; received two (2)
letters regarding getting my $200. reward and
HOW EASY IT IS TO GET REWARD ONLINE AND
check online. That is not true; the 2 letters I have
give me a 12/25/2008 deadline BUT I cannot get
to the proper address!!!
I also requested a better service plan for my two
(2) land lines (713.682.2622 and 713.682.0414)
That was to be taken care of on Nov. 6; nothing
has been done yet.
My e-mail address is popemary@att.net but
this program would not take that so I was
forced to give my old earthlink address and it is
no longer in use!!! What is going on!!!

Comments

Da
  16th of Mar, 2009
Warning: ATT U-verse customer service sucks. If there is a problem, and there are going to be, when you call customer service you get snarky, rude, sarcastic High-school drop-outs who can't help you and wish you wouldn't bother them. Their door-to-door sales people are not ATT employees, they're contractors, so ATT doesn't feel that they are responsible for the lies they tell.

I live in Roanoke, TX and last Oct. we signed up and ATT came out to install U-verse. They couldn't get it to work and eventually decided we were too far from "the box". In the process they disconnected our current cable/internet/phone bundle and we were without service for a day and a half.

Big hassle, no apologies.

Fast forward to earlier this month, ATT salesman (contractor) comes around again making all kinds of promises, saying they’ve fixed the problems with the range and that he guarantees us we can get service now.

Today they show up to install U-verse and it’s the same story, we’re too far from the box, and they’ve had our current cable/internet/phone service turned off so they could “port” our phone number to their service.

Unbelievable, what a screwed up company. The box is apparently on the main street coming into our neighborhood just outside the neighborhood, we’re on the 2nd street into the neighborhood 4 houses from the main street where they ran the fiber, so if we’re too far from the box then 90% of the neighborhood is also. Why bother to run fiber down the middle of the neighborhood if you can connect any homes to it? What a way to do business.

Oh, and did I mention their customer service sucks? I’ve now wasted 2 days and still have to get my service with my current provider re-connected, which by the way I DID NOT request to have turned off. ATT had it turned off.
Ev
  9th of Apr, 2009
I had the same situation almost completely. While moving to a new residence I signed up for the package. After returning my old box to my company they called and informed me I was to far from the box.
After moving in and re-establishing my old service, paying the installation and losing out on the promotion I was assigned to. A salesman convinced me that the problem was fixed. Today the techs came out and after looking for nearly three hours determined that I was still to far from the box. What a load of crap!
Ds
  29th of May, 2009
WELL I SIGNED UP FOR THE SERVICE ALSO. I WAS TOLD THE SAME TING. TO FAR FROM THE BOX. WHICH NOBODY TELLS YOU ABOUT BEFORE THEY COME OUT AND INSTALL AND BEFORE YOU CANCELL YOUR OTHER SERVICE. HERES AN IDEA AT&T. CK FIRST, THEN INSTALL. AFTER THE INSTALL IT DID WORK THOUGH. FOR ABOUT TWO DAYS. AFTER ABOUT 6 SERVICE CALLS, ( MY TV, INTERNET AND TELEPHONE WOULD GO OUT FOR HOURS AT A TIME) THE TECH TOLD ME 1). IM TO FAR FROM THE BOX 2). THEIR IS A SHORT IN THE CABLE THAT RUNS FROM THE BOX TO MY HOUSE. IF THIS WIRE IS REPLACED I WOULD PROBABLY HAVE NO MORE PROBLEMS W/ THE SERVICE BUT BECAUSE OF THE DISTANCE THING, ONCE IN A WHILE I MIGHT HAVE A LITTLE PICTURE DISTORTION. BUT IN ORDER TO REPLACE THIS LINE, HE WOULD HAVE TO TALK TO HIS SUPERVISOR AND THEY WOULD GET BACK IN TOUCH W/ ME. WELL OF COURSE THEY NEVER DID. WHEN I CALLED BACK, THE SUPERVISOR TOLD ME, " I AM NOT GOING TO REPLACE 3, 000 FT. OF CABLE WIRE TO SAVE ONE CUSTOMER'.
WELL BELIVE ME, SINCE THEN I HAVE TOLD EVERY SINGLE NEIGHBOR ABOUT THE LOUSY SERVICE OF ATT. THEY MAY NOT WANT TO SAVE ONE CUSTOMER BUT THEY WILL LOOSE A LOT MORE BY THE TIME I AM DONE .
Je
  4th of Jun, 2009
Similar thing happened here. Salesmen came out and convinced us to change from Time Warner with installation tomorrow. Yesterday they called to postpone installation until next week since they had not gotten permission to transfer our phone number. Today techs went to the house and discovered that the 'box is too far away from the house'. Why not determine that the box is too far BEFORE sending out salespeople?
Pa
  30th of Jun, 2009
I have had problems with my u-verse and internet, from the beginning. Your techs come out correct the problems for a short time. I have now been on the phone for 42 minutes trying to get help. A tech has been out Sunday, Monday and someone was to come today, they did not show up, however they said they called and no one answered. That is not true. This the worst service I have ever had. You call the 800 # and if you can understand them, they don't care. How do I get someone out today to correct this problem or how do I fine someone that cares.
Da
  25th of Feb, 2011
Add my name to the list. Very nice lady convinced me on the phone to switch from Time Warner. "Inside" install guy shows up right on time at 9:00 A.M. He plays around for a couple hours, gets my router, set-top boxes, etc., hooked up. At about noon, he leaves for three hours. When he comes back, he asks if the "outside" install guy has talked to me. Of course he hasn't. Only then, at about 3:00, does he tell me I'm too far from the box. I'll be telling EVERYONE about this experience. Idiots!
Fr
  12th of Mar, 2011
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM I WAITED ALDAY AND NOBODY CAME (AT&TU VERSE) AND FINELY HE CAME BUT MY HOUSE PHONE DIDNT WORK __---_I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPEN TO IT ? BUT IT WAS ALL FIX SO THE ONLY PROBLUM I HAVE KNOW ((IS THAT FACE BOOK ) WONT SEND ME APASS_WORD SO I COULD GO ON LINE AND MEET ALL MY FAMILY&FRIEND; FRANCIE FRONEY@AOL.COM

AT&T Logo AT&T