AT&T Midwest / service cancellation

AT&T Corporation
Usually most people believe they have rights as a paying customer. However, I have experienced that those rights seem to vanish once you request cancellation of services. For over three months I have spent many long hours on the phone with customer service reps, automated computers, and been just plain hung up on by the service providers of AT&T. Why? you may ask? For requesting to cancel my service, believe it or not! Even though I would call and request cancellation, AT&T kept sending me monthly bills and collection notices. Naively, I would listen to the service representative state that my "service has been canceled once and for all" and would only be blinded by yet another bill in my mailbox. If you've ever dealt with this company's disorganized "service" network, where hours are spent "on hold" only for you to repeat your information a million times, you'll know what I mean. I have taken this issue to the Better Business Bureau, and demand compensation for time and energy spent trying to cancel service that should have taken a single phone call. Warning! Be wary of engaging in service with this company! and do NOT take a bland "We apologize for this inconvenince.. we will refund your money.." as a justifiable response. The consumer needs to be compensated for their time, energy, and stress in a way where a TRUE resolution can be reached (rather than a little slap on the wrist.)

N  7th of Aug, 2009 by