AT&T / identity fraud

1 Houston Texas, United States

After noticing an increase in my bill, i called cust. Service and asked why. They couldnt explain but credited me 20.00 to my account. After checking my app I found out 2 lines were added to my account without my authorization. I was told by in-store rep that person who added lines acted as my wife, but couldnt spell my last name. They also bypassed id check. The csr that helped this woman is Gerardo Ramirez (GP439W). I don't understand how a CAR would add lines to an account for a person who was not an authorized user and couldn't spell her alleged husbands last name. Due to this situation I have to issue a fraud alert and change all my account passwords and info.. because this person also got information to hack into my online account. I am appalled that AT&T, having such an excellent reputation could allow something like this to happen. I had wireless service, internet, and direct tv bundled with AT&T and will now be cancelling. I have never experienced such a breach of security and trust all at once. I am currently trying to find out the identity of the woman who added these lines so i could press charges... but i would like to complain against the CSR Gerardo Ramirez for allowing this unauthorized user to add these lines without my consent, her id, and the fact that she couldnt even spell my last name.

Bg