ATT DSL / service connection taking more than two weeks

1 Frisco, TX, United States Review updated:

For the past two weeks I have been trying to get High Speed Direct Dry Loop DSL service from AT&T and no one is able to get my service running. My first attempt was when I called on Jun 22 requesting DSL service the sales representative took my information and she explained that I would have service in week. So I waited and did not receive the DSL equipment nor any call as when it was going to be delivered. I called back and none of the representatives could find my account. So after remaining on line and talking to 4 different representatives the last representative re ordered my service last week. Yesterday I received my DSL equipments and I installed them, but the service was not working. So I called back and again the Technician could not find my account. I told the representative it was strange that AT&T would send me equipment to install but not have an account for me. So as of today I still do not have service, this issue is costing me $100 week due to the nature of my work which requires me to work from home. What does it take to get service?? Unfortunately in the Frisco Zip code 75035 only AT&T and Time Warner provide high speed internet. I called again today and they still can not find my order even though they have send me their equipment. They finally say we are sorry!

Comments

• Na
      3rd of Jul, 2008

Greetings;

• At
      15th of Jul, 2008

The same here - I really enjoyed my att service 6 MB until I moved.

I am being told things that are not true, technicians never showed up or called it has been 20 days of calling, asking I could even say begging for service!
    I finally spoke to the manager who scheduled another activation date (I had 2 activation dates scheduled before by customer service - no one showed, called or bothered to send me an e-mail).

One is for sure - if this time they screw me over I will cancel both - telephone and DSL with att. It is 21st century and if they have problems with communication between costumer service and tech dept then something is not right.

Now question. How come they always deliver your bill on time, but never the service?

• Er
      28th of Jul, 2008

Same problem.

30th of Sep, 2008

I ordered the High speed DSL over a week ago! The store could not even tell me when it would be connected...they said "just give it a few days." I gave it a "few days" and no DSL. So I called...an hour later I find the exact turn on date. So the date comes and then goes...no DSL. I then spend 2 hours on the phone being transferred and put on hold...until 9pm came...and they closed.
    The next morning at 8 a.m. I call them again...an hour later and at least 4 transfers later I find out the representative failed to put my apt number on my order!! No one bothered to call me and tell me...I had to figure this out on my own.
    Now since the order activation date has passed they say they can't modify it. So they have to do a whole new order and I have to wait 5 more days for them to come back out and activate it! 5 more days and countless hours on the hold for their screw up!!!
    Stay away from ATT DSL if at all possible. I'm stuck between them or $57/month for basic charter high speed. Apparently you get what you pay for though.

• Ba
      8th of May, 2009

Since April 27, 2009, I have been trying to get DSL service from AT&T and no one is able to get my service running. My first attempt was when I called on April 28. I was told it would be set up at 4:30 next day difinitely. But it was not. When called 1-800-288-2020 again. I was told it would take four days to set up. Ok, I waited for four days and DSL still did not work. Then I called again, I was told that some error happened in their system and they needed to clear it first before the order could go through. After cleared up, they could set the work procedure and I had to wait another four days. After other four days I still did not get the DSL to run. I called again I was told the same reason and I had to wait another four days. I really do not know what's going on there. It drives me nuts. I do not think I can take it any more.

I use the DSL to work from home. I may lose my job because this.

• Je
      15th of May, 2009

Same exact story... 2 weeks... flashing red light on the modem... transfers, promises and still no internet.

• Su
      6th of Oct, 2009
    ATT DSL - where is my rebate
    att
    Riverside
    California

ordered dsl internet box in august never recieved my reward every time calling always different excuse not a e-mail.

• Wa
      3rd of May, 2011
    ATT DSL - Stuttering video
    California

ATT DSL is unpredictable and unreliable. Sometimes it is fine, other times the video stutters and the service is slow. Now they are pushing ATT Uverse? Are they nuts. They do not have their act together as it is.

• Se
      31st of Jan, 2014

AT&T never keeps their word.they promised they would provide me connection at my new place in frisco and haven't done so. The customer service representative people never have an answer and keep u on hold for ever. They have no value for new customers. Since I work from home I can't work too.