AT&T Connectech / sales lies and call times

As of 2011, AT&T Connectech technicians are not allowed to tell the customer that appointments are limited to a maximum time of 30 minutes over the phone. The subscription department lies to the customers just to sell them a subscription. They tell the customers that the technicians can connect to their computer with no Internet connection and even if the computer is turned off.

The technicians are obligated to work on 2 or more appointments at the same time by phone or chat. They are also expected to complete 2 or more appointments per hour. The customer will get hung up on 20-30 min into the appointment no matter how much or little has been accomplished, and the time starts at the moment that the technician answers the phone. If the call is a no Internet connection, the call will be ended at 20 min with the customer being either hung up on or transferred back to DSL support. If the call is not a no Internet connection, the call will be ended at 30 min with the customer being either hung up on or told to call back. This is because at 20 min into a call, the technician will be rudely harassed, distracted, interrupted, and threatened with termination by a supervisor via their instant messaging and chatroom system until that call is ended.

To them, you are just another appointment number to meet their quotas with the goal being to take as many appointments as possible per hour. In fact, there are weekly competitions for prizes with respect to the aforementioned. It's not about customer service; it's about numbers and quotas.

The subscription plan has an early termination fee of 10 dollars per month until the yearly subscription billed at 15 dollars per month ends for them. The other non subscription services have a 5 day warranty and cover only that specific issue, and anything else will require purchasing yet another service.

Comments

• Na
      17th of Jul, 2011

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR CONNECTECH. I had a huge e-mail problem -- couldn't send. I called AT&T -- as usual -- and was told that because I have a Mac, I HAD to go to ConnecTech. At ConnecTech, I was told I could pay $17 for this one call or $17 a month for as many calls as needed. I called ConnecTech two or three times about the same problem. I hung on for hours. HOURS. THey couldn't help me. All the advice they gave me was wrong. I am trying to cancel a 12-month subscription I didn't realize I was signing up for. The people I talked to -- who are offshore -- have no intention of allowing me to cancel. I have written to the CEO types at AT&T. This is a bad service. It is a scam.

• Ta
      24th of Oct, 2012

I Agree! Do Not Sign Up for Connectech. I was told I could cancel anytime. I called one month later because they messed up my computer to cancel and the girl argued with me. I was charged another month on my bill. I called again to see why it was not canceled and was told I would get 2 months credit and was sorry for the inconvenience. Just got another charge on my credit card, called AGAIN. Was told I would not get the credit but they had stopped the service. Will wait and see. I am calling my credit card company to stop any further charges.

• Or
      11th of Jan, 2018

I had a genuine hacking not a virus but Tech support types find this difficult to believe- mainly because it has not happened to them- If it is out of their scope of experience then it must not exist!
    While on the line with connectech I showed the agent the 16 other connections that were on my network - rather than blacklisting these rogue connections they merely swept up and this allowed reconnects at a later time- Once they are on you must take measures to block them - certainly changing the wireless password is a start but they had access to the router modem it turns out- how?
    Apparently my landlord had given a key to an onsite resident for emergencies an it was being given to CPI workers who were coming in to my home doing damage and compromising my communications. I found out that a former investigator for the DA's office was an officer at CPI

And now it becomes clear why they would want in- Law enforcement who is anything BUt