AT&T Connect Tech

Posted:

connect tech scam

AT&T
Tennessee
I have had continuous problems with my Hi Speed Internet, after many months my 2 wire Gateway from AT&T was replaced with another bad unit. For six months I called technical support and finally was told I would have to subscribe to Connect Tech for $15 a month for a year as technical support could not help me. After a week of no internet I gave up and subscribed. Connect Tech could not resolve the issue, but I finally convinced ATT Technical support that the problem was the Gateway. They replaced the Gateway and the problems have gotten better. I have contacted Connect Tech a total of 4 times - at no time were they ever able to resolve any problems. One guy took remote control and started reading my emails - I disconnected. I have spent hours on the phone with AT&T trying to get rid of this bunch of inept non English speaking group. When I request a transfer to the US they refuse, if I insist they hang up on me. AT&T say this is out of their control; however, it is billed through AT&T and was pushed through their customer service department. This is extortion
Complaint comments Comments (3)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Landline & Home Phone Providers

Comments

A  6th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
You are absolutely right. This was a fraud from day one. The first time I used it, I paid the $49 for one time help. The tech was incredibly informative and a whiz with computers. THIS WAS THE SHILL. Then when you think this will be the norm and sign up for the $15 a month deal, you get connected to foreigners reading out of books. They are useless. This service is one huge rip off. Now they want to charge a $60 cancellation fee for my saying they are of no help and telling them I want to quit the service.. Today two different people told me I do not have a contract with them in their files and they could not help me due to that fact, yet they have been billing me $15 per month on my credit card. Yet their billing department swears I have no account with them. This company is one big scam.
A  1st of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes
There should be a class action suit against At&t for fraud and misrepresentation. I called tonight to cancel connect tech because I wasn't satisfied with the service, only to be told I would have to pay an 80.00 termination fee. It wasn't until I told the tech to stop trying to make me keep a service I wasn't satisfied with he told me of the fee. The supervisor I spoke with said " in order to avoid the fee keep the service". I'm so sick and tired of big companies screwing consumers. I had a problem a few months ago and I ended up resolving the issue on my own. The person I spoke with had zero knowledge of what she was doing, other than reading from a book. I told her to just get off the phone after 40 minutes of guessing. It's not enough they bill you for a worthless service each month, that many of us don't use they lie about telling you the terms and conditions.
N  18th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
I KEEP GETTING CALLS FROM (SO CALLED PEOPLE FROM CONNECT TECH) THEY ARE SAYING MY COMPUTER IS COMPRIMISED WITH THREATS. i WAS TOLD THAT THEY DO NOT CALL YOU. I HAVE GOTTEN 3 CALLS FROM THEM TODAY??????

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree