AT&T / rebate

Phone: 888-757-6500

I signed up for new service with AT&T on 09/03/08 and was told because I "was a valued new customer", I was eligible for a $100.00 cash back rebate that I would need to redeem online at www.att.com/rewardcenter. This link does not exist and when I call into AT&T, I get no resolution, only that "they" will look into it.

This is false advertising, deceptive and bad business.

Comments

• Pa
      29th of Sep, 2008

I switched my internet service to At&T DSL and was to receive a rebate. they now tell me that they could not verify that I have the DSL service, not sure how that is when they are charging me for the service. Also, I changed to dish network from cable and submitted rebate papers as required and they claim they never received the documents. I did not get them back in the mail and can only assume they lost the documents. In short they have denied $375.00 in rebates promised at sign up.

• Wi
      9th of Oct, 2008

I mailed in for my rebate for my AT&T REWARDS as I opted for my high speed 2TDSL, which I am using now. To this date I haven't received anything. Could you please check as I posted this request on July 28, 2008, which has been more than 2 months ago. Thank you.

William Tahata
    2110 W. 176 St
    Torrance, CA. 90504

• Ba
      10th of Oct, 2008

The https://www.complaintsboard.com website does not do any checking. It's simply a place to post complaints. Contact tyour local Better Business Bureau.

• Pa
      14th of Oct, 2008

I have been trying to get my rebate of 79.99 since June 2008. After multiple calls to ATT, waiting on hold, being transfered from dept. to dept. and getting disconnected I have still to date not received it. My last communication was I should receive it in about a week... we'll see. I would not recomend ATT to my worst enemy and if I had it to do all over again I would not. My lesson learned is to never agree to any type of service with ATT where a rebate of any kind is offered.

• Vi
      6th of Nov, 2008

I SPENT ALOT OF MONEY ON A PHONE TO UPGRADE. MY PHONE QUITS RINGING AND THEY SEND ME A REFURBISHED PHONE. THAT ONE GOES BAD AND NOW I'M ON MY FIFTH PHONE THAT IS STILL NOT WORKING PROPERLY. THEY WON'T SEND ME ANYMORE PHONES AND THAT'S THE END OF IT. I DIDN'T ORIGINALLY BUY A REFURBISHED PHONE WHY DO THEY SEND MY REPLACEMENT THAT WAY?????
    ATT CINCULAR IS BAD NEWS...

• Su
      31st of Jan, 2009

I supposedly was mailed my rebate for the purchase of a new cell phone on December 12. I followed up on email, but after not receiving it I call the phone number listed. They said it was in fact mailed and I should receive it in 3 weeks. Well, as of today, I still have not received it. Is this a scam or what? Am I allowed to deduct the rebate amount from my next cell phone payment?

• Ba
      7th of Oct, 2009

I was told if I orderd internet servce from At&t I would recieve a 50 dollar visa gift card..I never receved it and now thay are saying I was to apply for this..Well if I have service through them they should automaticaly send my rebate. Now thay are saying tha my rebate has expired.Could you help me to obtain it?

• Tr
      25th of May, 2010

I moved and had to turn off my AT&T home phone/internet service. I just realized that the rebate check they had sent me to offset the cost of my modem is expired. I called to request that they reissue the check - this is money owed to me.

I was informed that "since [I am] no longer a customer with AT&T, those funds are no longer available." We're oh so sorry, we're keeping your 50 bucks.

Excuse me??