ATT Advertising / YellowPages.com / Advertisement Campaign Never Fulfilled

United States, Oregon, Portland Review updated:
Att Advertising/ YellowPages.com
Phone: 971-222-3734
Today is July 7th, 2009.

In early May 2009 I entered into an oline advertisement contract with YellowPages.com. The offer was that I would get 400 clicks minimum guaranteed, and be on top of all the main search engines for a flat fee of $900. That sounded pretty good, they seemed to have a lot of credibility, etc. So I signed up.

So far I never saw any advertisement created by them. Not only that, I keep excelent web site traffic traffic through my Google Analytics account. I never received any clicks from any source that could potentially be theirs. So far, I have been requesting help on this matter from the sales person for a full week. So far, in the last 7 days I only got one phone answer and one email reply. They were quick at returning calls, following up and visiting me at the time of selling. They were even quicker for charging me the $900.

Let me know if you have any similar issue with this company. If things keep on this track for another week I may take further actions. My number is [protected].

N  10th of Aug, 2009 by
I think AT&T Advertising Solutions is a complete rip off. I too got talked into using them. They made promises and talked up a storm. They had been harassing me for months and I finally gave in. They even said they would buy my work if I advertised with them. Their billing is confusing. I will be paying 2000.00 + out. They made their own ad up which sucked, never told me about it, they put information that didn't make sense. I finally got them to change it, but it took many e-mails and phone calls. I kick myself often for making this huge business mistake.

Then I went on Google Analytics and have found that their stats and AT&T Advertising stats do not match. I have had only one hit on my page where AT&T says I have had hundreds. Something does not add up.
N  15th of Feb, 2010 by
I am sorry that you are not happy with yellowpages.com. I was looking online found a website that you can have a ebillboard for FREE. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Bill he sign up for a ebillboard. He told me that he is glad that he got a ebillboard. His business just moved to a new building he went to change this info with yellow book and was on hold for 35 Minutes waiting for someone to talk to. When he went to his ebillboard and change his info and it took him just few minutes.
N  16th of Sep, 2010 by
My name is Mathew Korba. I am the owner of Blue Ribbon Auto Glass Llc in Tacoma, Wa. I too attempted to advertise with the YPConnect program (yellow pages on-line), marketed by AT&T advertising. We are currently seeking businesses and individuals who have not received the services promised by Yellowpages.com Llc as sold by AT&T Advertising Solutions to partipate in a class action suite. The purpose of the suite is to recover financial losses incurred by mis-leading sales tactics and Yellowpages.com Llc's inability to deliver it's product as advertised. You are encouraged to participate.
Please cal (253) 250-7262 or email BlueRibbonGlass@comcast.net for more information
N  1st of Feb, 2011 by
I want to thank all the wonderful individuals who have taken their time to respond to our comment/complaint and, apologize to those whom we have not returned contact. Your response (needless to say) has been over whelming. AT&T-Yellowpages.com and Blue Ribbon Auto Glass, Llc. have mutually agreed to terminate our contract and we have received a full refund. This does not excuse AT&T's misrepresentation of their product or unconscionable behavior. Nor does this make-up for our total financial losses. However, at this time we are not pursuing our law suite.

If I could pass on what this experience has shown me, I would say to, Not go quietly into the night. Let your voice be heard. File your complaint with as many organizations outside of ATT's control as possible. The BBB, Federal Trade commission, State Attorney Generals Office etc... If you are paying with a credit/debit card, STOP PAYMENT NOW! And dispute the charges with your card company (AT&T must prove their charges are valid to the card company and are not allowed to contact the person or business disputing the charges about the amount disputed until it is settled). If they do so, file a complaint with your card company (Visa/MC/AMEX/DC) not your bank. If you have been sent to collections, dispute the validity of the original bill. Make AT&T prove they provided the service. Your contract is for clicks, not calls. AT&T must show a preponderance of proof that your clicks are in accordance with your specific contract. The plain and simple truth is they can not. IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE THE SERVICE STATED IN YOUR CONTRACT, THE CONTRACT IS NOT VALID. Finally, USE the experience and advice given on the complaint board. It is a great resource!

Mathew Korba
Blue Ribbon Auto Glass, Llc.