ATsignTiphone scam

J Review updated:

Bought an iphone from someone you upgraded to 3g. [protected]@T requires contract anyway so I reluctantly sign on. Six months in iphone dies! Apple says warranty expired and [protected]@T will not ley be get a new phone even though I never got a phone when signing up! After going through several "managers" the agreed to allow me to purchase a discounted phone only by tacking on another 2 years to my contract.

That would be 31/2 year contract for one phone...no thank you! I offered to restart a 2 year contract but they insisted on taxing on another 2 years!

• L
      Oct 11, 2008
    private
    8351 Gerald
    Warren
    Michigan
    Phone: Private
    [protected]@yahoo.com

I was told to go to att.com/rewardcenter to claim50dollar reward card.There is no place there to do it.This is supposed to be reward for switching cell phone service.Its a scam.

• R
      Nov 03, 2008
    ATsignT - Poor service
    [protected]@t
    Houston
    Texas

So far i've been doing great with the att service, but about three weeks ago both mine and my fathers phones have been acting up, we've been getting problems sending calls through, and when i called customer service, no one would help me.

so now i don't know what to do, i've been missing important calls, including calls from important colleges, so att better fix the service or get me new phones.

• H
      Nov 19, 2008

Well good luck. I have a wireless pc card with 8 months left on a 2 year agreement that has never worked correctly. I have spent at least 50 hours on the phone with technicians and they can not get it fixed. I am through trying to fix it and just want it cancelled. They want to charge me an early cancellation fee. No manager is ever available and they tell me one will call back in two hours. Never has happened.

•   Dec 04, 2008
    ATsignT - Money scam
    [protected]@T
    Madison
    Wisconsin

AT AT T TRIED TO CHARGE ME TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS DESPITE RETURNING MY PHONE IN TWO BUSINESS DAYS. I HAD POOR COVERAGE AND A BROKEN PROMISE THAT I WOULD RECEIVE A COOPERATE DISCOUNT. SO I GET A NOTICE IN THE MAIL THAT I HAVE BEEN SENT TO COLLECTIONS! I HAD TO SPEND HOURS ON THE PHONE TO CORRECT THE SITUATION AND THEY STILL MADE SURE THEY STUCK ME WITH A 24 DOLLAR CHARGE DESPITE ADMITTING THEIR MISTAKE!

• B
      Dec 30, 2008
    ATsignT - Terrible customer service
    [protected]@T
    Nevada

I paid in full for service and cancelled service due to terrible customer service. They continued to charge me even though I no longer had service. They refused to agree that my service was cancelled even though I did not have service for the entire period. Before they would cancel my service they insisted that I pay in full. When I asked for a supervisor the employee (very predictably) transfered me to the cantonnese speaking department (one of my complaints is that they use foreign workers who can't hold an understandable conversation -- I don't discriminate, simply expect to be able to talk to someone who can have an intelligent conversation with me. TERRIBLE COMPANY. In response to complaints they send emails that are useless that you can't respond back to. They use every anti customer gimick in the book.

• B
      Dec 31, 2008

Small claims court!

• T
      Oct 21, 2009
    none
    Oklahoma

I was just charged $77.40 for something. I want the money back in my account now. I am have an attorney and have no issue with filing a lawsuit for fraud. Thomas Rush. Call or email me. [protected]. [protected]@att.net

• G
      Feb 17, 2011
    Brooklyn
    New York

I have an [protected]@T GoPhone, and when I refill my account the new Expiration date is set up from the payment date not the old Expiration date. This way I get punished for the earlier payment. The same time [protected]@T sends me warnings a month before the Expiration date. Such a practice must be changed, customers must not be tied to the certain refill day. As a programmer I do not see any problem with such program modification.