ATS Phone / Fake Rebate Advertisement

1 City of Industry, CA, United States Review updated:

Dear Vigilant Readers,

This is to bring to everyone's attention that I am experiencing a very hard time getting the rebate for the ATS phone that I bought about 5 months back.

The phone or the service is also very poor and you will be on hold for long time for any questions or concerns.

I went to a website to check the rebate status and it shows as they received everything that they needed from me to process the rebate. However, the status did not change for long time and when I finally found a phone number to call, the automated message goes - please forward your enquires to rebate@atsphone.com.

I sent emails three times at this email address and haven't got a single response. I found another phone number on the website and finally got hold of someone in the company. She turned out to be so rude and did not bother to get her supervisor on the phone either. Her attitude was like - "Do whatever you can, we do not care". I am not exaggerating, trust me.

I am hoping to return the product back to the store now. If they don’t accept it, I may file a legal case against the company.

I feel that I have been cheated by this company. I am posting this complaint on this website so others don’t fall prey to American Telecom Services.

Best Wishes,
ATS Phone Victim

Comments

Bo
  15th of Jan, 2008

I had a similar experience and I warn others from buying anything from ATS any time.

Very useful description of the experience !

BIG THANKS TO THIS WEBSITE - COMPLAINTSBOARD.COM !!!

Bob

Wi
  16th of Jan, 2008

I brought a ats phone also in june of 07, and I'm HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM TOO. HELP.

To
  16th of Jan, 2008

Guys,

It is a mistake on our part to buy this crap. I called Company CEO Bruce Hahn and left a voice message. Can you imagine the company CEO now handling the rebate issues with so many annoyed customers?

I will try to follow up again tomorrow and see what is going on.

I also filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau as someone suggested in this forum.

I am sure this will be good example of the strength of the customers against such irresponsible companies.

Hang in there ...

Ki
  18th of Jan, 2008

I bought phone at Walgreens with complete price, $15 rebate offer, as well. Have called and am just left on hold for 20 mins. everytime...no one even picks up anymore. Have done query online and a predone answer email comes immediately after hitting enter button, which of course means no one is even reading them. I did get through one time and the rep made me give Model# and serial number. When I asked WHY I had to do this, considering I was checking on rebate....she bacame rude and said she would NOT help me any further if I did not give her the information. I did and guess what happened.....My phone went dead for over an hour, while I frantically tried to reboot the computer chip in the unit. She said they were way behind in rebate submissions...RIGHT...it states 6 weeks, not 6 months!
Though the phone unit is a good quality for fighting outside signal interference...I do not like being taken for a fool, nor do I enjoy fraudulent practices and false promises.

Ma
  24th of Jan, 2008

I have been waiting for my rebate since July 2007. Numerous calls are unsuccessfull. I am told on the phone and on their website that the rebate has been approved and is in progress for completion... but still no check.

ATS maintains that they have nothing to do with this. They say at it is the rebate company in Minnesota who is responsible. Easy way out??? I think that the think so. Unable to contact the rebate people in Minnesota. This is a massive misrepresentation and FRAUD!! How can we force them to pay these rebates... there must be many more like us.

Jo
  26th of Jan, 2008

I bought my phone after Thanksgiving 2006. Th only reason I bought the ATS phone was for the $70 rebates.

I have never gotten that money. I spoke to one person who told me that it was postmarked too late. They were using a date diffeent than the rebate form. And, of course they do not keep copies of the rebate forms.

Luckily, I do.

The representative then said he would correct it on the system and the check should be mailed to arrive within a month.

One month later, no check, I call back and they have no record of my having called before. I explain my situation again. They tell me I'll have to re-mail everything. After much prodding, thy finally agree to accept via fax. I fax and email what I have.

NO response.

No response.

Call back and am told to direct all inquiries to the address on the form. Can't get hold of a human.

So now months had past and I gave up.

I figure I am out $70 and will do everything I can to disparage the name of this company.

Now, I am having problems with the phone system I got. If I had taken that money and bought a quality product, I would still be out the money, but at least have a product that works.

If anyone ever figures out how to get their money or how to send this company into oblivion (figuratively, of course), please let me know.

Nr
  28th of Jan, 2008

ATS phone has cheated me too; i bought their phone in May '07 and still no check... multiple phone calls go unanswered; or if i get lucky to talk to someone, standard answer they are not responsible for it - it is the rebate company. emails to CFO and CEO have gone unanswered - guess we have to keep emailing and calling them... and file complaint with BBB and our state attorney generals office. i have learnt my lesson - will never buy anything from this company, and will tell everyone else not to buy either.

29th of Jan, 2008

I also bought the ATS phones in February of 07 from Office Depot with the promise of a $70 rebate. I have been calling and emailing and can't get anywhere. I am to the point of mailing the phones back because 2 out of 4 don't work. I even expressed this to the rep and she offered for me to mail them back in for new pieces of crap. I told her I would rather purchase new phones on my own from a different company. I have written,emailed,called and left messages everywhere for this rebate. No luck I guess I know how they stay in business by ripping people off.

Sh
  30th of Jan, 2008

I bought my ats phone at Walgreens on July 30, 2007. I sent away for two rebates that were offered in my phone package. One rebate was for $15 on the purchase of the phone which was on sale for $15. The other rebate was for a $10 gift card if I charged their calling card with $20 of phone use minutes, which I did. I sent the rebate by August 8, 2007. I still have not received my rebates. Today, January 30, 2007, I called the 1-866 number that was on the rebate form. No answer only a recording to check status at rebate@atsphone.com. I went to the site and could not display it. I contacted a customer service number on the back of my calling card and selected the prompt for rebates. I did receive a customer service agent that was nice. She stated that she did not work in the rebate department, but she was able to see that they had received my information including my receipt for the $15 rebate and they are still processing rebates. She also stated that the rebate center had sent a letter to me in October stating they did not receive my original receipt for the $10 rebate. Of course they did not receive the original because they are holding my original receipt hostage in the $15 rebate devision. In fact, they are holding all of our bar codes and original receipts hostage so we all cannot return their phones.

I plan to call the president and CEO to leave a message. Thank you whoever gave out their numbers.

I just would like to comment to all those looking to buy the phone for the rebate do not do it. However, if you just need the phone and not the rebate ok.

Ho
  1st of Feb, 2008

I have the same problem. I say we start a Class Action and sue them.

Bw
  2nd of Feb, 2008

same old story here not able to forward box closed-no orders!!! its sad that rite aid is selling this rip off phone!!!!! good luck to all of you

Vi
  6th of Feb, 2008

We are havig the same problem in north fl. as well. 7-months, countless phonecalls and still no refund!! They are telling us the same thing, that the "refund company" is behind... Yeah O.K> and I still have water front property available when the tide finnaly lets out!!

Va
  8th of Feb, 2008

I too had said experiences about due rebates. Let me know if legal actions are in the works. They still have me hanging for $25. since a July 2007.

Ch
  9th of Feb, 2008

I recently purchased an ATS phone at CVS in November of 2007, which was advertised as $10-$10 rebate = FREE. The $10 rebate form in the box was an outdated form that went to YA (ATS's old rebate house), but I was quickly able to Google up the new form (which goes to Helegson) on ATS's website, www.atsphone.com. I printed the form off their website, and mailed it on time to White Bear Lake, MN with the receipt copy and the original UPC code.

Two months later, the rebate submission was returned by the U.S. Mail, with a yellow "RETURN TO SENDER - NOT DELIVERABLE AS ADDRESSED - UNABLE TO FORWARD" sticker over the address. "BOX CLOSED - NO ORDER" was stamped in red over the P.O. Box.

A previous submission for the $15 Walgreen rebate received back in August is also stuck in rebate hell, on the "ATS Rebate" website.

I called ATS directly, and got the same rude CSR everyone was talking about. She said, here is the new P.O. Box to submit the rebate to:

PO Box 3925
South El Monte, CA 91733

Si
  10th of Feb, 2008

Folks,

Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

I wanted to update you on my situation. I had started this discussion thread and then I contacted Better Business Bureau and Walgreens. I called ATS CEO Bruce and left him a message and call back number. Did not receive call from him.

Walgreens replied saying that the check has been mail. BBB also did their part.

Finally, I received the check from ATS.

I would suggest that you all chase it down to this point to get your money back.

ATS might have a backlog but then they should atleast have friendly customer service who can attend phone calls and keep customer informed, requesting for their patience.

Good Luck to you all !
Ex- ATS Phone Victim

Ne
  18th of Feb, 2008

I've been getting the runaround since May 2007. Purchased at Office Depot - why don't they stand by the products they sell? They're the ones who suckered me into this deal. Office depot also needs to be reported to the BBB because thye're the ones who collected our money and won't help now.

Ki
  19th of Feb, 2008

I agree here on the terrible service with the American Telecom Rebates. I also purchased the phones at Office Depot almost a year ago now with absolutely no luck in getting my rebate. I have called numerous times and they have always said, the rebate has been processed, you should receive it any day. I now have called again and get the recording about dealing with the rebate online, with again, NO LUCK. This has been very frustrating to me. Please everyone, stay away from this company..

Zw

CEO Bruce Hahn
President: Donald G Norris
1-562-692-2369
1-562-908-1287

1-562-692-2369 has been disconnected. They are too smart.
We need to take action. Class action is the answer to them.
I agree that it is a scam. They did not intend to issue a rebate check when they distributed a rebate form. Their calculation is that after a while, consumers will forget about the rebates.
This is one of the reasons why companies issues a mail-in reabte, instead of instant in-store rebates.

But, this is the worst company I have ever met in my life with many dozens rebate submissions.

Ju
  23rd of Feb, 2008

I'm also waiting for a $50.00 refund since February 2007. I bought the phone system for my new home and they are junk. The main unit is in the den with the computer and causes the speakers to buzz constantly unless I turn the volumn up so loud the neighbors can hear. I need it there for my DSL connnection.

Today is Saturday, but first thing Monday morning I'm calling the BBB. If a Class Action Suit is filed, I definitely want to be included.

Al
  26th of Feb, 2008

Bought phone at Walgreens. No rebate. No help from Walgreens. Walgreens says they do not know anything about it.