Atlas Contractors Supply / illegitamate business, etc.

1 5861 S Kyrene Rd #2Tempe, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 480.839.6249

This is the most bogus company ive ever wasted my time at. First I went in there applying for the warehouse position and ended up working as a telemarketer. Usually for me its a little harder getting a good job with my past possession charges for marijuan. But these guys said " we look for the low lifes to work here". At the time I brushed it off. I took the position because i needed a job. I filled out no W-2 form and started working if you call it that. My first day consist of harrassing people who dont want to be bothered. I knew this place was bogus when my supervisor Tommy started cussing out the people we were trying to sell to, and this happens several times a day. There modo is pretty much "buy my product or [censored] you" literally. As the day went on I see everyone including my supervisor smoking weed. And than I find out, hey he's also drinking on the job. After all this I had to leave, so I quit. And Im also not getting paid for my time there because of some bogus contract you had to sign in order to work there. It was the worst work extperience ever, everyone is rude, they harrass the people all over the U.S., they do not honor the do not call list, they do drugs at work (including supervisors), it is shady and should be shut down.

Ru

More Atlas Contractors Supply Complaints & Reviews

Comments

28th of Jan, 2009

I agree completely. I have continually gotten calls from these people DESPITE my asking, politely at first, to be removed from the list, and yet they still continue to call. Today, I had a little free time and played along with their "Oh, if you had known who this was I was gonna send you a gold plated cadillac" routine and had he and his guy go through a list of stuff. After a while, I asked them to just send me a catalog with contact information, which they WILL NOT do. This guy claimed to be from Sherman, Tx and threatened to come kick my A$$ as well as "PI$$ in my old lady's A$$ and make mustard." NICE.

• Ki
      21st of Apr, 2009

I got a call from this company and when I told them the person they asked for was not in (the owner) and that they needed to deal with me (female) they told me their company policy is to not deal with women because we are bit**es and usually think they're sexually harrassing them. I told them my boss would never do business with them based on just that and they did not care. I am going to file a BBB complaint right now.

27th of Apr, 2009

Everyone contact the state attorney general in Arizona, www.azag.org and the state attorney general where you live. Also contact and file complaints with the BBB, your local police, your telephone carriers annoyance call bureau, the Tempe AZ police at 480-350-8301, the FTC and FCC. The only way to put these guys out of is to complain, complain and complain.
    But here's a number of one of their employees if you want to turn the tables, William Honoham, 480-634-3323!

1st of May, 2009

I had a similar experience as you Kieva, I'm a female and the employee of Atlas who called me yelled at me like I was trash. He assumed that I was just the secretary because I happened to answer the phone. Little did he know I actually own the business he was trying to sell to. He asked to speak to one of my employees who was in the middle of manufacturing product and I told him he couldn't be interrupted but I could take a message. Instead he started yelling and finally I hung up on him. A few minutes later my employee came into the office to tell me the jerk from Atlas called him on his cell phone and started out being friendly on the phone but then started yelling at him when he told him he was in the middle of something and couldn't talk. How this guy got my employee's cell phone number, I have no clue. But today, just 2 days after being harassed and yelled at the jerk had the nerve to call again and bother my employee on his cell phone. I am most definitely calling the attorney general and the FCC. This company has no business treating anyone this way and needs to be brought down.

• Di
      14th of Oct, 2009

I had similar experiences as listed above, I'm not sure what the deal with this company is, or how it is still even in business, but I definitely smell foul play. I will do my part to shut this operation down and hopefully everyone else will as well.

• Di
      14th of Oct, 2009

The AZ Attorney General's website is www.azag.gov (not .org)

• Sc
      22nd of Oct, 2009

I have also worked for this peice of ### job and quit within the first week, its been 6 months not and no check has been sent to my house like I was told specifically by my manager Larry, thank god I got out of there when I did I couldnt stand it!!

• Ju
      30th of Apr, 2010

i know this job very well i did it for 6 years love it i never dissrespected any one on the phone i mad good money and had built relationships with contractors and femal secraterys all over the u.s.a my boss was the same im not saying all offices are like this you have your good and bad just like car dealers i worked for both i learned alot about people and how one person could mess it up for every one with bad manors im sorry u guys seen the bad side of it when there is also a good sid