Atelier M London / avoid!!! scam!!

1 Putney, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

I paid £125 on wowcher for IPL laser hair removal at atelier m London. 8 session for upper lip and Hollywood. I completed the 8 and the manager kept urging me to get more. Stupidly I then paid £75 for 6 more sessions. I had one session of the 6 in January and got a phone call the day before my second session at 10pm to say its cancelled due to an emergency (the manger Meeta called) I didn't get a chance to ask why. The number was then disconnected for 2 months and I have seen online MANY people have the same issue. I have rang in march, April, and now may and they keep giving me the run around saying "I'm the hairdresser, call back another time to sort the situation out"

Lo
May 24, 2013

Comments

4th of Sep, 2013

I had very similar experience to Vanessa...

I purchased 6 IPL sessions deal for £89 and another IPL treatment for £99 directly with the Salon. In Feb 2013, before my 2nd session I was called to be told that my next session was cancelled due to an “emergency”. I was asked to call back on Monday next week – no explanations given. I was calling the salon since then every day on a number of occasions desperately trying to get in touch with them but there was ever no reply. I even went there personally but the only thing I encountered was a note on the entrance door: “we are closed today due to urgent circumstances” – no information when they reopen, no information since when they have been shut etc.

I complained to standard trading services and I was informed that the owner shut the salon de to health problems and she “maybe” willing to complete the treatment. Therefore, I attempted to make appointments to complete the sessions. However, both appointments were cancelled on the day of the visit! The last happened in July 2013 – a proof that the practises of the salon have not improved at all. The reason for cancellation was that it was too hot and they did not have enough clients so it wasn’t worth for them to keep the salon open until my appointment at 3:30pm - very unprofessional way of treating customers.

Since the last scheduled appointment I have not been able to get in touch with the salon anymore. The owner seems to be avoiding me. I left messages on the voicemail machine and tried to call numerous times. However, no one has come back to me or for this matter even picked up a phone.

I can’t believe the owner Ms Patel took my money just like that without even bothering to regain me as her customer or rebuild her reputation as a businesswoman by giving back what she owns. This beauty salon is a scam in the broad daylight. Don’t get yourself lured into their business practises!
    I am in the process of taking further action – please let me know if you’d like to make a mutual complaint or proceed to small claims court together. Please contact me on monteverdeas@wp.pl
    It is not expensive on the contrary to what the "very informed" recepitonist said... £25 for open the case

@Anna_S Award winning salon 2016

• Pa
      16th of Nov, 2013

I also was conned by this awful woman. She also took money from me and I never got the treatments that I paid for. She owes me over £200. She was always cancelling my appointments. One day I arrived for an appointment and she said didn't I get the message that it was cancelled!!! Everytime I drive pass her salon and wonder how many more people are being conned by her. I wanted to take her to court but now I've lost all the appointment cards etc and can't remember all the dates. It all happened about 2 years ago. Avoid this salon!!!

• We
      4th of Feb, 2015

This place is a total scam and I totally agree with the people who have been robbed of their money.
    Meeta patel is a one man show who doesnt bother to show up for appointments, a con artist who steals money from customers and does not give them treatment.
    She is unproffesional and should be shut down asap

27th of Jul, 2017

@Wendy Brownhill These types of reviews are always true as is my case and not about ruining someones business!! We as customer cannot be taken for ride by unscrupulous owners. This is hard earned money which you want for free and then Meeta has the gall to accuse me of attempting to get free sessions!. Meeta was a Director at this date ans is now trying to get that business struck off and has set up a new company name and still trading. Putney and now from in Harrow. 19 Dukes Ave. HA1. The proof is there. Companies House number if any one wants to call 0303 123 4500. they will ask you to email and give your reasons why company should remain open and repay debts.

28th of Jul, 2017

@NilaB atelier m london is an award winning business of mine and im proud of it, nila stick to the point that you have bribed us for more free sessions and that we cannot do it, all the personal remarks is not advised as this will now be taken seriously and we are reporting this personal comments to the police and our lawyers as you are now writing personal comments about myself on the internet .i advise you to stop

31st of Jul, 2017

@atelierm lol you're reporting what to the police? comments on the internet? LMAO, that's rich. So lets round up all the children that make rude comments on the net and put them in prison. Btw, even if this stuff that people are saying about your business is not true, which in mho sure seems to be, (there are a load of people that seems pretty dissatisfied with your business practices) I say, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck. well then it would be up to you to prove that ALL of these people are somehow just targeting YOUR business for some strange reason. To me, and this is just an observation from what I see on this site, you are scamming good hard working people that have paid for a service, out of their hard earned money. I see you keep saying that you're proud of your business and that they can go somewhere else if they don't like it. IF you were a legitimate company, with good, sound business practices, you would be trying to fix the problem by giving people back money for services not rendered.

12th of Jul, 2015
    Best Best Advice +7 Votes

I totally agree. Meeta Patel is an example of unprofessional practice and I am shocked to see how she has managed to get away with it all so far.
    I went to her with a good faith thinking I should support the small business but she was nothing but a disappointment.
    I find her place very dirty and not hygienic. Her bed sheets are smelly and feels they haven't been washed ! Every time I left that place, I felt like I needed to go for a wash and pray I won't get scabies or any other skin infections.
    My last contact with her was when I tried to call her to ask for a reminder of the time of my appointment for three days prior to my session and left messages, instead she texted me telling me I missed my session and won't be refunded! Then when I texted back saying why she didn't text me after I called her many times, instead of trying to apologies and resolve the misunderstanding, she is abrupt and threatens me that she won't refund nothing and if I dare upset her clients she'll sue me!!!
    How fool can this lady be. I have nothing to lose now as I feel she stole from me!!! And how can she sue me for trying to raise my voice and warn the others???

22nd of Oct, 2015

This salon is under new management and this is Old reviews
    We Are An award winning salon 2015 !

@Lisa111 Also now award winning salon 2016 too ๐Ÿ‘

27th of Jul, 2017

@Lisa111 No it isn't. have check with Companies House who registered business. Such a liar

28th of Jul, 2017

@NilaB Simple if you dont want to come to my buisness then go to somewhere you want. im proud of my hard work and yes we are a fantastic salon

1st of Aug, 2017

@atelierm refund my money then. YOU SCAMMER. not even providing what we pay for!!!
    Enough reviews to prove that.

• Fe
      29th of Nov, 2015

Even if is under new management, the situation in this salon is absolutely the same. I bought a voucher for six sessions of laser hair removal, and I booked the first one. When I went there, I found the shop closed and nobody was picking up the phone. I left a voice message, and they sent me a text later saying they had an incident and they couldn't come, so I rescheduled for the following day. When I went there, it happened the same of the day before: nobody there, and phone switched off. I left another voice message asking for a refund, because I found their behaviour really unprofessional. She replied by text message saying that she felt down from the stairs so she couldn't come. I found it really unlikely to have two different accidents one day after the other, right When I was supposed to meet them, and even if it was true, they should have told me immediately that my appointment was cancelled so I could have evoided to go there wasting my time. I phoned Groupon explaining the situation and asking for a refund, but they wanted Atelier to send them a e-mail confirming that I haven't used any of the session. I asked Atelier if they could do it for me, but obviously they haven't replied, and they never picked up the phone after that. They owe to me 159£.

• Me

Hello
    atelier m london is a professional establishment and we have over 2, 000 clients who are happy and repeat buisness we won the london hair and beauty awards 2015
    there will always be negative reviews on any site.
    A simple polite request for any refund is always appreciated

27th of Jul, 2017

@meeta123 The number of clients never seems to change now even in 2017. these are the total number who may have had the misfortune to visit. not the number of clients who had laser and you have deliberately failed to increase the settings to ensure we get great results. you are nothing but a scammer. unprofessional and these people are not lying. the only person lying is you.

27th of Jul, 2017

@NilaB In response to this review.
    Nila you asked me for free sessions! you even bought me a gift from your house trying to bribe me for free sessions. the problem we have with you is you want laser to work lke magic in 3 sessions and then you asked for free topup sessions. students pay for their laser with us and you are no exception. defaming a buisness is not acceptable. gentle reminder you need to continue your sessions past 3 and then you would see improved results.

27th of Jul, 2017

@Lisa111 A professional award winning buisness, sorry nila you dont understand that if you have no knowledge of laser settings you cannot say we didnt use right settings? infact you cant see the setting panel so what makes yousay that we are not using a "high" setting?
    We do our best to treat you with "care" and you would not like us to burn your skin f it was "too high" so its best to trust us with our skill and professional knowledge.

1st of Aug, 2017

@Lisa111 lisa/meeta whoever the heck is writing this. Stop lying and refund money as you need to provide treatment with skill and competency as confirmed by various official regulatory bodies.

• Me

Award winning salon 2015
    beautiful boutique salon and clinic
    professional new management 2015

31st of Dec, 2015

I totally agree with previous reviews. Meeta, the owner of AtelierM is a scam artist and my advice would be to stay away from her and her salon. I have tried to book appointments several times without any luck and I am owed money by her for treatments I have not had. The positive reviews on this website have been left by her and God knows how she won an award!!! She probably didn't give the reviewer the appalling service she gives her clients!

• Io
      20th of Feb, 2016

Oh god I've just been scammed by her too. Wanted a reminder of when my appointment was but she wouldn't reply to any of my texts or phone calls, eventually I texted her (again) at 20.30pm and she sent one back saying not to text her during personal hours!!! She still wouldn't tell me when my appointment was until...wait for it...2 minutes before the appointment was due to start...even though I literally live a 5 min walk away from her, I was done, theres no way I'm going back into that filthy salon. Groupon are aware of this situation have seen the texts and are looking into it, I wish I had read the reviews online before I bought purchased a laser course. Meeta you are a total and utter disgrace to the beauty industry and small businesses and I very much look forward to the day that I see that salon taken over by someone else...or shut down...

@Iona45 Oh god what the ๐Ÿ’€

27th of Jul, 2017

@Iona45 HERE HERE. this woman is a disgrace to the profession. just because she can do make up for celebs she claims to be the best at everything which is clearly not the case. The sheer number of complaints just proves this. contact companies house 0303 123 4500 as she's trying to strike off the previous limited company which has debts and set up new one. talk about DODGY.

27th of Jul, 2017

@NilaB We are a genuine award winning buisness. thank you nila for your comments

• Ya
      3rd of Jun, 2016

Well I saw the ad on groupon but after these reviews I won't be booking in as I'm afraid I will pay and not receive the service!

17th of Jun, 2016

Atelier m London is a professional salon that has to deal with these type of idiots who have nothing better to do than complain
    These are mainly voucher people who expect to get an appointment when they want and if something doesn't go there way it's these type of b that make small buisnesses get ruined
    Total lies and selfish reviews
    Next time pay the full price and you will know what good a deal you were getting
    Get a life and earn money

17th of Jun, 2016

Atelier m London is an award winning salon and is totally professional and obviously envied by others
    We love and respect all our clients hope to see you soon

17th of Jun, 2016

with over 3, 000 existing clients and passed all licensing and trading standard tests we can assure you that the reviews are Groupon or wowcher clients that have been very demanding and unrespectful to small buisnesses by using reviews to bully small buisnesses as this is their way of behaviour
    Our salon has always fitted in clients when and wherever possible and always giving affordable prices to public
    We strongly ask people to decide when you come as to how beautiful and friendly our salon is and how busy we are

27th of Jul, 2017

@Lisa111 so from 2000 to 3000 clients and now back to 200o in July 2017 as heard from the horses mouth. (Meeta Patel Shah)

UTTER NONSENSE !!

@NilaB AWARD WINNING SALON

31st of Jul, 2017

@Lisa111 You can put gold plating on a pile of poo, but, under that gold exterior, is still poo.

17th of Jun, 2016

Reviews are not meant to be spiteful towards a specific person as in the above reviews written about us it's about the specific treatment which has not even been mentioned
    Just goes to show these reviewers are just total cheap skates wanting to ruin others as they love ranting and have nothing better to do

27th of Jul, 2017

@Lisa111 very professional calling clients who have PAID IN FULL, cheapskates. We all have worked for out money. You and Meeta clearly just make money by stealing.

17th of Jun, 2016

Atelier m London is a very warm and welcoming buisness

17th of Jun, 2016

Atelier m London treats every client with care and respect and that is why we are winners of the prestigious AWARD for beauty and hair 2015
    WE ARE NOT A SCAM !!!thank you

• Lo
      27th of Jun, 2016

People should be able to post their experiences and complaints. Clearly if several people have had the same experience it is likely to be true. 'Lisa' stop messaging me.

27th of Jul, 2017

@london299 so glad you put this here. Swearing !!! really!!!
    just shows the owners have something to hide. Lisa...Meeta etc..

28th of Jun, 2016

Ruining small buisnesses by writing these reviews in a small buisness destruction way is not fair
    this is why you are exactly what I said to you
    We are not a scam and to let you know we won the awards 2015
    So yes you deserve the nasty words I sent you as people like you try to destroy small buisnesses headlining utter rubbish

27th of Jul, 2017

@Lisa111 These types of reviews are always true as is my case and not about ruining someones business!! We as customer cannot be taken for ride by unscrupulous owners. This is hard earned money which you want for free and then Meeta has the gall to accuse me of attempting to get free sessions!. Meeta was a Director at this date ans is now trying to get that business struck off and has set up a new company name and still trading. Putney and now from in Harrow. 19 Dukes Ave. HA1. The proof is there. Companies House number if nayone wants to call 0303 123 4500. they will ask you to email and give your reasons why company should remain open.

31st of Jul, 2017

@Lisa111 You know how to stop the negative reviews? Do the right bloody thing. Give people what they pay for or give people their money back!!! That simple. You think these people just randomly picked out your business to write negative comments about? Rubbish, you're a scammer and people are trying to get the word out.

28th of Jun, 2016

Atelier m London is an award winning salon 2015

27th of Jul, 2017

@Lisa111 Rather than this rubbish of repeating the above, why don't you have the professionalism do the decent thing and refund people their money. Including Meeta who does the same SCAM working from home in Harrow. !! You repeating does not change the fact that so many reviewers have taken the time to write this which is a sure indication you are in the wrong. Why else would people even bother.

28th of Jul, 2017

@NilaB Nila you asked for free sessions and we cant do that. you bought gifts to bribe us sorry but ruining small buisnesses because you cant get what you want is not the way. my buisness is mine and im proud of it. simple