Atala Designs Inc. / Unauthorized charge!

I got a charge for $11.89. My wife or I never made the charge. When I called my credit card company to report the charge they said they would take it off, but they didn't think that it was fraudulent because the amount was so little. Beware of this charge!

Va

Comments

• Ki
      3rd of Feb, 2008

I also got a charge on my credit card from Atala Designs. I have no recollection of having engaged in any transaction with this merchant.

I've reported them to my credit card company as well.

Kim

• St
      5th of Feb, 2008

I also just received this charge on my account and had to call my Bank to get it taken off my account and got a new card issued to me. This charge is a pain.

• Re
      9th of Feb, 2008

I have received this charge twice now. I even tried to call the company and of course all I got was an answering machine. I will be calling my bank next.

• La
      11th of Feb, 2008

I got it a few days ago, for the same amount 11.89. Also got some random bill from Skype... I don't even used Skype. So long credit card...

• Ka
      13th of Feb, 2008

I too had an unauthorized charge for 11.89 which led to additional fraudulent charges within 2 weeks. Beware!!

• To
      14th of Feb, 2008

I too have just received my CC statement and found this $11.89 charge. Called the Co. not answer just machine, called my CC and they said they will reverse it but have to send out some paper work. No fun.

• Su
      23rd of Feb, 2008

The same amount of money appeared on my account for $11.89 and I have reported the mistake to my company--It is being removed because I am a customer in good standing. $11.89 is a small amount of money but they add up!!

• Mi
      10th of Mar, 2008

I received a charge for $11.89 on 1/28/08 and then again on 3/7/08 for the same amount of $11.89 only the second time was not Atala Designs, it was Xenontemplates, who ever that is. I have never heard or either one until this bull. It's not that much money but fighting the banks to straighten it out is something else.

14th of Mar, 2008

Yup, i've got the same issue as well.

Xenontemplates and Monrovia Incorporated are the companies who charged me $11.89

No idea where this is from, but it obviously is a big problem since they are all over the web with complaints. Please email me if you have any information on this company.

• Al
      18th of Apr, 2008

I can tell you who Atala Designs is...it is me.

I was duped into being a "money mule" for a group of very sophisticated Russian mafia operations that are using Craig's List & other sites to find idiots like me to help them export stolen credit card charges. It is serious enough that the FBI is involved but these folks are too smart to be caught. I was the fall guy & now am facing possible crminal charges as well as personal liability from the bank merchant account subsidiary. By the time I got wise & shut down my merchant account there had been about $160, 000 worth of activity! Remarkably, only about 5% of the charges were even disputed.

The shameful secret to all of this that has not been seen is that the BANKS are making out on every transaction as well as every chargeback that is disputed. In a 4 month period of my involvement (through Jan.), of the $160, 000 in charges (@ an average of $11.00 per transaction you can do the math to figure out how many credit cards this involved), the bank card processors earned themselves (legally) $40, 000 in fees! There is no doubt in my mind that this scheme could be stopped dead if the banks were not finding it to be a lucrative gold mine of extra income.

I regret ever being foolish enough to think that I was working for honest people & for all of the inconvenience it has caused to card holders. The sad truth is that we just seen the beginning of a massive meltdown in capitalism. Our own consumer-driven, charge now, pay later mentality has opened the doors to incredible abuses.