at the beach Tanning Salon / Needing to cancel and they wouldn't allow it

1 P. O. Box 790001 Sunrise Beach, MO 65079-9001, Sunrise Beach, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: (573) 374-9972

I had signed up for a tanning package back in 2007 and had supposedly signed a contract stating that I couldn't cancel my contract for any reason.
Well, obviously I had no idea about that. About a year into my supposed contract I had lost my job and couldn't continue to pay the tanning payment of $37.00 a month. I had this payment being taken out of my checking account automatically, so I had went down to tanning place and told them the situation. The manager then proceeded to tell me about the contract I had signed. Well, I was furious to say the least and went to my bank and had my bank close my account because I truly couldn't afford the payment, I mean I almost lost my apartment over it. So about a month later I received a notice from Affiliated Acceptance Corporation stating that I owed $600.oo for the tanning or else it was going on my credit. I had called several times to get it taken care and let them know my situation. The people I had spoken with were rude and pushy and just wanted me to give them my account number and have the payment taken directly out of my account-that was my first red flag. They wanted a number they could reach me at 24/7-second red flag. They continue to send me notices of the payment needing to be paid and they have the same balance. It is so frustrating I can't even explain. So far I don't have any bad marks on my credit, but who is to say I won't soon. I am just trying to put this out there so others don't have to go through this. I mean the lady I spoke with on the phone this last time said they would let me slide with just paying half as long as they get the payment in 30 days and had the nerve to tell me I should pay the entire amount because having a roof over my head was less important than my tanning-wow. Ugh.

More at the beach Tanning Salon Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Do
      13th of Jun, 2011

i had one of their reps tell me how wonderful this tanning lotion bronzer was and I spent 100.00 on it. After 9 days and it did not work even a small bit. I tried to bring it back and exchange it for something else. They would do nothing. I called the corporate office and they just said SORRY.
    Don't do business with these people