At The Beach Tanning / Unauthorized billing

United States Review updated:

Be careful of signing any "Releases" from the, its actually a two year contract requiring you to pay for there $55 dollar a month service. They tricked me and now it reports to my credit. Its way over priced and who really needs tanning for two years. Don't trust there sales rep and read every word of what your signing.

I would suggest going to a locally owned tanning salon instead of them, the people who own it might actually know something about tanning. ATB's employees are stupid and kinda rude.

Whatever you do do not go there unless you enjoy having them call you every ten minutes to try and make you pay.
Va

Comments

Je
  28th of Oct, 2008
I was scammed by them as well. When I went in to the store I asked several questions regarding how long the contract was for and whether or not I could break it at any time. I had had a friend that was in a 2 year contract and I knew that I didn't want or need that. I confirmed with the store I was at that my contract was strictly a month to month contract and I could cancel it at any time. When I decided to cancel due to the poor results of the spray on tan they informed me that I had signed up for a 2 year contract. It has now been put on my credit and my fines have gone up past $500. This is a total rip off. Do not sign up with them.
Un
  6th of Apr, 2009
They are known for lying to get customers to sign a 2 year contract. The beds are great but they lied to get me to sign a contract. Jason Jones is the associate that lied to get me to sign up. According to other employees he is known for lying to get customers to sign up. When I contacted the corporate office, they will not help me in any way, and said that they are not responsible for anything their employees say. I have worked in the tanning industry for 4 years and as a customer at numerous salons have never in my life been treated so wrong. I will tell anyone I can to stay away from this place.
Kc
  1st of May, 2009
Contact :Heidi Hemmat
FOX 31 News
303-566-7663
She is going to do a story on this (if you read about them they do this to everyone that walks in the door) She has all of my information, which will get us more attention and hopefully our $ back. She has been accumulating information. ALSO Contact:
The FTC (the more complaints they have the more they will go after them, this will also help you with your credit down the line)
Sh
  26th of May, 2009
I'm trying to reach Hedi and will have others with the same story contact her. Please anyone reading this help to hold this company accountable. They are supposed to open a store in Boulder wow talk about taking candy from a baby's mouth can you imagine the freshman college students that will buy this hook line and sinker.
Kw
  22nd of Aug, 2009
read what you sign! duh!