At The Beach / Fraud -

At the Beach
She gave me a contract and a price: Said it was $64.50 a month for unlimited tanning; I asked, can I cancel any time, and she said, "Yes for half of your fee", leaving out the fact that there was a fee of ONE YEAR, not ONE MONTH. she just said, Initial here, here, and here, so I did. Not explaining each paragraph as I initialed. Buyer beware. I cannot believe I am stuck in a year contract. When I asked about cancellation 2 weeks later, she handed me a flimsy slip of paper and said, "you have to call corporate." As far as she was concerned, I was nothing to her, not a fly on the wall. How do those people sleep at night????????

A  30th of Jun, 2009 by
That is exactly what happened to me...almost textbook. No doubt...how do these people sleep at night? I bet there are a lot more folks like us that this happened to...
A  9th of Jul, 2009 by
BEWARE of at the beach. IT turns out when you sign up for the monthly fee, you are actually getting a credit card. Check your credit report, you will see the full 2-year amount in there and you are actually making payments. You CANNOT cancel, EVEN IF YOU MOVE. I called multiple times and was told that I could cancel. When I sent in the paper work (they require drivers license with new address, 3 proof of address, has to be loan papers, etc, a simple bill will not due), they say it will take 4-6 months. ALL OF WHICH You are still paying for the service and will not get refunded. BIG BIG scam!! DO not sign up.
A  31st of Jul, 2009 by
If you read the posts you will notice there is no text for what they do. They just asume.
N  24th of Sep, 2009 by
There is a newly created "BOYCOTT AT THE BEACH, INC." group on Facebook welcome to all victims.

D  25th of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
SORRY but it seems like the majority of these complaints are from people who DID NOT READ their contract!

You canNOT blame them if YOU did not READ the darn thing before signing it!

I knew it was a 1 year contract that I was signing. I was not misled. I was advised on putting it on hold for 3 months, which I did without any problems.

Lack of planning/understanding on YOUR part does not constitute fraud or scam on their part.

Yes, I will be happy when my year is up (I'm tired of it) but I was in no way misled or scammed.

Just a continuation of our socity going to hell in a handbasket. Heaven forbid anyone take PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY! ugh.
N  26th of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Huh. Interestingly enough they showed this on the news last night on fox about the fraud this company commits. But good luck with your contract, enjoy your brand new credit card. And enjoy your credit score you ignorant employee of atb
D  2nd of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have been a member of At the Beach since 2007 and love the service and results I get with my package. I was not misled or lied to. The employees are very friendly and helpful every time I come in. I'm a tanner and love At the Beach.
N  8th of Sep, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
If you were smart you would read your contract when you sign up. Everything is stated in the contract and if you read it then and address whatever questions you have, there are no problems. I have been tanning with At The Beach for over two years and would not go anywhere else!
A  17th of Sep, 2015 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
LMFAO to the 3 lousy folks defending, well we all know they work for the company OR they own it trying to defend it. Why come on a complaint board to put a positive comment about atb??!!! You must hire millions of people to go from website to website to stick up for your company. well answer this then since you are so happy with the customer service and contract" WHY DID THEY TELL ME THE TWO BIG BEDS WERE UV FREE?!! They are not and they just said that so i would sign up. keep your contract and shove it up your loose as$hole, as must sh!t as they talk they need to get shut down. Its payback time now.

At The Beach Tanning Logo At The Beach Tanning