AT& T / Bogus Rebate Promises

1 Plantation, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 941-961-8059

In May, I visited the AT&T location in Plantation Florida, to inquire about switching my internet and phone service from Comcast to AT&T. Among other vigorous sales pitches, what caught my attention was the fact they offered me two rebates if I was to switch service over to them. 1) For switching from Comcast to them for phone. 2) Internet.

I was given the forms to fill out and told to bring my modem in to their office, both of which I did.

The $125.00 rebate for switching Internet services was as follows:

1 DSL acct per local service address. Customer must return coupon w/ a cable modem service bill for processing within 90 calander days of FastAccess order date. Services must be active at the time of reward redemption processing. Cks will be mailed 4-6 wks after completion of redemption to eligible customers who retain qualifying services.'

Within 2-3 days of buying their modem and taking it home, I returned to their office and gave them my Comcast modem. I mailed copy of the last Comcast Internet bill I had received as required to show that I had active service at the time I switched.

I also filled out the telephone paperwork for an additional $100 rebate. Again, I mailed all the appropriate paperwork.

I went on their website and found that I had received a non-compliance statement- they said I did not have DSL service at the time I switched. This is false- as stated prior, I turned in my modem and my bill. I actually cancelled the Comcast service nearly 2 weeks after AT&T was hooked up, and 3 weeks after I paid for their equipment.

ANYONE THAT IS THINKING OF SWITCHING TO AT & T, DO NOT DO IT! YOU WILL ONLY GET THE RUNAROUND WHEN YOU CALL TO QUESTION THE REBATES YOU WERE PROMISED.

I HAVE CALLED AND TALKED UNTIL I AM BLUE IN THE FACE AND THEY USE EVERY EXCUSE TO SAY IT WAS "NON-COMPLIANT".

Hu

Comments

• Va
      24th of Oct, 2008
    AT& T - Bad customer service
    AT& T
    208 S Akard suite #3700
    Dallas
    Texas

I called AT& T to get internet service back in May of 2008, the service was unable to be connected due to the wiring in my building, I contacted AT&T, they were suppose to send someone out, the technician never showed up or called, I contacted AT&T to cancel my service, due to the wiring, and was told I was still responsible for the bill, after trying to prove to them that I don't have service, have not had it since I called back in May, they gave me the run around, still no resolution, I've to a Shauna in Resolution, who had a very gross disposition, I will never ever refer or consider At&t again in life!!

• Te
      28th of Nov, 2008
    AT& T - moderm rebate
    Terri Lass
    160 S. Eucalyptus Ave #88
    Rialto
    California
    Phone: 909 820-7074

I recently switched to AT & T modem as I was laid off my job, so I need a way to search for a new job. Anyways I keep trying to get into their web site
    att.com/rewardcenter to get my 50.00 rebate
    but it keeps throwing me out. Now I know why after I see all of the complaints against them.

• Va
      1st of Dec, 2008
    AT& T - Guilty until proven innocent
    AT& T
    P.O. Box 538
    Atlanta
    Georgia
    Bellsouth.com

On July 3, 2008 I discovered that a residential phone line had been fraudulently opened in my name with AT&T, and this was just the beginning of my extremely upsetting experience. I live in New Hampshire, and the phone line was opened in Miramar, Florida. I feel absolutely sick over how easy it was for these criminals to open an account with AT&T, but how extremely difficult it has been to be exonerated from this theft. AT&T opened this account in 5 minutes or less, and yet I have now spent the last 6 weeks making calls, sending faxes, e-mails, and certified mail trying to prove my innocence. Again, I requested that a supervisor call me back, and I was told that someone would call me back by the end of the week. "Mondays are very busy." Why????? What is wrong with AT&T's Customer Service? I keep being told they still need more information- even after I have sent them exactly what they have requested. AT&T has the worst Customer Service that I have ever dealt with. I truly hope that anyone reading this has not had the same awful experience. It is because AT&T (Bell South) opened up this phone line so freely for these thieves, that a dozen credit cards were also able to be fraudulently opened in my name. So, a word of advise - check your credit report to be sure you don't have an inquiry from Bell South (DBA) AT&T. The Identity Theft thieves open up phone lines in other states so the credit card companies can call and verify the new change of address, and then send out credit cards in your ... name. Good luck.