At Home Rewards / UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES

AT HOME REWARDS HAS BEEN CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD $19.95 PER MONTH FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS WHICH I DID NOT AUTHORIZE. WHEN I SPOKE TO A "COSTUMER SERVICE" REPRESENTATIVE AND MANAGER, THERE WAS "NOTHING" THEY COULD DO ABOUT SENDING MY MONEY BACK.

Cr

Comments

• Va
      31st of Oct, 2008

On 10/22/08 I checked my credit card statement online so that I would know what balance was due. To my complete surprise, I saw a recent transaction for $14.95 from a merchant called "At Home Rewards". I had NEVER heard of them before so I did a little investigating. I just so happen to be a FRAUD INVESTIGATOR for the government. I "Googled" the company name and it took me to this site, Complaints.com, as well as to [redacted].com where I found NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS of UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES appearing on credit and/or debit cards. Luckily, I happened to catch this bogus charge only a day after it was posted so I immediately disputed the charge with my credit card company. I called the At Home Rewards number: 877-636-6858 and finally reached a representative after hitting zero on my phone. They have a computer, voice-prompted menu that won't allow you to talk to anyone directly unless you hit zero (they don't tell you that though ... I just tried it and got lucky). I first asked for the company address ... the rep. immediately was suspicious and wanted to know why I wanted the address (I knew this would happen, that's why I asked for the mailing address first). After much hesitation, the rep. finally gave me the adress: 9500 W. Dodge, Omaha, Nebraska 68001. Now, I have not yet mailed my letter (so that I have concrete proof that I canceled my membership via telephone), so I'm not sure if this is a bogus address. Do NOT just rely on the automated voice response which gives you the choice of canceling your membership by entering a number ... do that, but also press zero so that you can talk directly to a representative. Make sure to get their name, ID # and time that you called ... then tell the rep. that you NEVER AUTHORIZED this charge(s), have already disputed it w/ your credit card company or bank and that you have reported it as FRAUD. That will let the At Home Rewards Rep. know that you mean business! The rep. said I should see a credit for the $14.95 fee they charged to my credit card within 2 - 5 business days ... Let's just see if they refund the fee like they said.

17th of Nov, 2008

AT HOME REWARDS AND SHOPPING ESSENTIALS HAVE CHARGED MY ACCT 19.95 FOR 3 MO'S. ALL WAS UNAUTHORIZED. I AGREE THEY NEED TO BE STOPPED.

20th of Nov, 2008

This company charged my credit card $14.95 for something I never ordered or authorized. After submitting a question to the customer service department online, I received an email thanking my for registering with the company. SO, I would not recommend going online. Who knows what else I've gotten myself into???
    I will be complaining to my state's Attorney General and disputing my charges with my credit card company.

• Ap
      19th of Jan, 2009

I received 2 un-authorized charges to my debit card for 14.95 each. One was for At home Rewards and the other for Shopping essentials. When I was able to contact At Home Rewards I was told that I accepted this when I placed an order for a product that I ordered from TV. I did not /nor would I accept additional items. They did in fact "Cancel" my membership and I was told that a refund would be processed. I will keep checking to see that it does! I also asked the girl if she had anything to do with Shopping essentials and was told that yes, they handle them as well. I again asked that my "membership be canceled and funds refunded. I don't understand how these people are still in business. I have learned my lessson and will no longer purchase any thing on line or from a tv ad again.

• La
      15th of Aug, 2009

I have throat cancer and can only whisper so I had to put my son on the on the phone when calling at home rewards to try to reverse the fraudulent withdrawl of funds from my bank account. They would not tell my son where they got my info from. The CSR, Nicole said she would cancell my account ( I never set one up!) and refund my bank ( $24.95). Lets see if they do, or if I'll have to find a way to sue them for fraud!

• Ro
      22nd of Dec, 2010

athomerewards and savingsspace deducted money from my debit card. I did manage to get my $20 back from savingsspace after over a week. WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS STEALING!!!