At Home Rewards / Illegal practices

1 At Home Rewards 8770 W. Bryn Mawr Suite 1000, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-299-6416

I had a charge of $16.95 on my card from a place called 'At Home Rewards". I never heard of them and had not made any purchases from them. When I was finally able to reach someone at their customer service, the man said my information had been obtained from a company that I had ordered from a couple of months ago. I told him I wanted a refund of my money and I did not want anything from them.

He said he would "cancel" my account and issue a refund immediately. This was on 6/21/06. As of today 6/27/06, there has been no refund.

It seems to me this kind of practice would be illegal, both for this company and the company that gave out my credit information.

Susan

Su

Comments

27th of Mar, 2009

I got ripped off too! Thank God I caught it within a matter of days not months! I had two charges of $19.95 from AtHomeRewards and PrivacyMatters123 They are the same company. All three ladies that I spoke with gave me their names and ID#s immediately and promised to refund my money within 2 business days. What scammers! They messed with the wrong girl... I'm going after them with everything I have. They will NOT get away with it!!!

• Or
      16th of Apr, 2009

Well, for you all that had the same problem of mine.

Just called them at the 1 888-425-5874. They requested my Membership Nbr (which obviously I don't have) and the phone system requested me to introduce the debit card number for the checking account they are sending the debit. I did it and they gave me back the membership number.

Going on with the automated answering system, I choose option 1 to talk about debits, 1 again to cancel my membership, 1 again to confirm and then, after their confirmation, zero (0) to talk to an Agent. I briefly told her that I've just cancelled the membership I never asked for and she transferred me to her supervisor. 3 minutes on the phone and the supervisor agreed that all debits done to my checking account were wrong, and agreed to give me back 5 x US$ 25.95 + 12 x US$ 22.95 + 12 x US$ 19.95 (as they were debiting my account since Jan/2007).

She said that the total amount would be in my account in 2 business days. I'll wait for it and confirm in this blog on Monday. If it does works, I have to say that, besides the fact that it was wrong, they did fantastically. BUT, let's wait until Monday to see if they just found a good way of getting rid of my call.

• Fr
      28th of Apr, 2009

They charged my card for over $1200.00 under AT HOME REWARDS AND PRIVACY MATTERS and I just found out. I'm calling the police. How did these scammers get my card number? Let's shut them down right now! They have messed with the wrong person this time!!!

• 27
      25th of Sep, 2009

yea ### this company!!!
    i just got $110.19 charged on my credit card. and i have never heard from them before. i am placing a law suit agains them and passaport to fun." it is incredable how there is so many complaints and this companies are still doing the same bull ###!
    i live in texas and they charged from conneticut. can a company really be this ignorant and stupid?
    i have proof and witnesses. i hope everybody places a law suit against this compnaies when ever this happens.
    we need to put a stop to this. i cant use my credit card now and i have to wait for a new one to come in the mail. i dont have time for this. it is the 24th and i have to pay bills on the first!
    if u work for one of this companies and u are reading this. i hope u no u have the ### job in the world.
    quit and do ur self a favor and get some dignity because soon or later ur own company is going to ### u over!
    im sorry but im pissed.
    bye.

• Ca
      20th of Apr, 2010

yes these people are fake and they took $19.95 twice ou of my debit card i called and raised hell and a day later they refunded me my 1995 but iam still missing my other amount and iam going to call them tomorrow and raise hell again this should not be allowed !!! i never ordered anything!!! i dnt noho they got my info