Asurion / issue with my insurance claim

Fremont, CA, United States

I lost my phone yesterday and I called Asurion for phone replacement which was done successfully (Samsung Note 5 - 64 GB). This phone I suppose to receive by today; however, due to some issue from UPS side I did not received.

When I called Asurion, one executive told me that it will take next 3 to 4 days to receive your phone as we don't have same mobile in stock. I told I can't wait as I am planning to travel and my interview is also going on so I can't afford waiting, she offered me Galaxy S7 edge which I denied then she offered me iPhone 6s Plus. I asked her if I can get iPhone 7 Plus and she said yes you can get it but it will take 7 to 10 days. I was trying to negotiate with her about my selection as I want my phone ASAP but don't want to buy any other then Note 5 or iPhone 7 (which she offered me). During discussion, call got disconnected.

When I called back some other agent said that you can't get iPhone as you are using Note 5, I said I am fine but I need Note 5 64 GB which I had and if possible I can even pick up from anywhere available within 1 hour drive but he said it is not possible and other option is to buy phone from store by paying full amount and we will refund you. I said I don't have that much money with me if you want you can pay and I will collect from Sprint store.

He transferred my call to some supervisor who was very rude and he said don't repeat again and again, whatever I can do I offered you. Do you want to continue or not, I said no you have find some solution for me. He said you can talk to director office for complaint and I said fine, and he transferred my call to director office which went to voicemail. It was so unprofessional that he did it purposely just try to get rid of my call.

When I called back I explained everything again to the sweet agent and she explained me that she cant offer me any other phone apart from Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, and she said I am keeping this offer for you so you can decide and claim it. Very nice of her and forced me to rethink.

When I called back and tried to talk to an agent that I want to replacement with S7 edge then she said fine we can do that but we can only offer 32 GB, I said I have 64 GB so you should provide me 64 GB. She said she cant help me with that as system is not allowing her then again she transferred my call to supervisor and she offered me gift card of 40$ to compensate of 32GB. I was pretty fine with that and I was sharing with her my experience so far about iphone 7 plus and she said it is not possible we can't offer iPhone 7.

I said you should not say that it is not possible as I am not lying and you can check your recording, she said I don't need to check that but I am sure we can do that she said if you want you can talk to Director Office and I said they are not available and she arranged a call back for me. Then I said to process with my request and she said she can;t now you have to talk to them and they can only help you further.

IT IS REALLY ANNOYING AND FRUSTRATED THAT YOU ARE PAYING FOR THE INSURANCE SO THAT YOU DON'T SUFFER FROM THIS SITUATION AND NOW I AM WITHOUT PHONE FROM PAST 2 DAYS AND THEY DON'T EVEN CARE TO SOLVE MY ISSUE.

I REALLY WONDER THAT HOW CAN THEY TREAT THEIR CUSTOMER IN THIS WAY (SPECIALLY SUPERVISORS).

This whole conversation has changed my mind for Asurion and forced me to write a complain in possible way.

I have interview lined up and they din't cared to solve my problem.

Su