Asurion / filing a claim/ service

1 el cajon, CA, United States Review updated:

Hello, on 7/20/18 i opened a claim in regards of my stolen iphone. i first called AT&T and they suspended the line and told me to call asurion to open and file the claim so i did. i spoke to one of your reps the first time i called and they emailed me over some documents for me to print out, sign and send back to finish filing the claim. i followed the instructions and sent the signed documents & attached my id on the asurion website around july 22nd. since then i never recieved a phone call nor an email. i have been following up since monday 07/30 to ask if the claim is being accepted and what is going to happen from here. however on monday when i called asurion i spoke to a guy and he said the claim was denied because i had added insurance the same day (monday 07/30) i was very confused b/c i have been having insurance on all my lines ever since i first got and added these phones. the rep tells me to call AT&T to confirm my plan and coverages. i called AT&T and the rep there told me i did have insurance and that she was gonna leave a note on the system. the rep from AT&T then said follow up with asurion again and they can help you out now. i call asurion back yesterday (wed 08/01) and the lady from asurion told me she didnt see any note and she said i dont have insurance. i have been left on hold for so long and i only have a 30 minute lunch. again the rep from asurion told me to follow up with AT&T AGAIN. so i did today 08/02 and the rep from AT&T told me again that i DO have coverage for my phones. i wasnt able to finish the call b/c i had to come back to work. im HIGHLY upset with the service with BOTH AT&T and ASURION. i did as told by sending back documents and following up but im getting really bad service in return. i have been without a phone for 15 days now and IM the one following up with the claim. i need to know what is going on.

Ya
Aug 2, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      2nd of Aug, 2018

do believe on the website for asurion can check status etc.. ( guessing but could be wrong)
    my experience with asurion is that not worth the time or money to have
    they will basically waste your time make excuse to do nothing
    only real option I can think of is to file a complaint with the better business bureau