Assurant Solutions Service Protection Advantage / failing to honor warranty

NJ, United States Review updated:

I noticed that my ge profile microwave was starting to make loud, rumbling noises when the turntable was in motion. This became very annoying on or about march 19, 2011. Due to very heavy workloads & several doctor's appointments, I was not able to contact assurant solutions until the weekend (3/25/12), which happened to be a sunday. The business was closed, so I had to wait until monday morning (3/26/12) to call for service. While looking over my warranty that night, I discovered that my 2-year extended warranty had expired on wednesday, 3/26/12, which was a couple of days after I had decided to call for service. I spoke with "kathy," the receptionist, who put me in touch with "don," a consumer relations rep. After explaining to him what had occurred, he put me on hold to confer with his supervisor. Ultimately, he informed me that assurant solutions would not repair my microwave under warranty. I tried telling him that the problem had occurred prior to the warranty's expiration, and that my workload & medical appointments had delayed my call to assurant solutions. I went on to say that i'm notifying him only a few days past the warranty's expiration date, but he stated that his company's policy was not to repair anything past the expiration date. I really feel that this was terrible customer service. I had made all of my payments on time & had never used their services during the warranty period. I've found that even car dealerships have honored warranties when a problem arose shortly after the warranty expires. That's called good customer service and demonstrates that a company cares about its customers. The infuriating thing is that this problem occurred while under warranty, yet assurant solutions refused to honor my claim; in effect, calling me a liar. I will never use this company again, and I strongly urge anyone reading this complaint to do the same. Based on all the negative reviews and comments i've found online about assurant solutions, it makes me wish i'd checked them out before giving them my hard-earned money for this shabby "customer service."

Comments

• Su
      28th of Aug, 2015

3/26/12 is a Monday. It can't be both Monday and Wednesday. So when exactly did the contract expire? 3/26 or 3/28? When did you call, 3/26 or 3/28 or 3/30? Regardless of when it occurred no company is obligated to happen before the expiration date, if you called after the expiration date.

• Su
      28th of Aug, 2015

I meant, no company is obligated to assume it happened before the expiration date, if you called after the expiration date.