Assos / F1 Uno S5 cycling bib / Defective Assos cycling pants

1 South Africa Review updated:

I live in Pretoria, South Africa.
In September 2008, I bought for myself and my 14 year old boy each an Assos F1 Uno cycling pants from Mervin Dinkelmann Cycles in Pretoria South Africa. By November 2008 the garment started to get see-thru on top of the by the scheme.
I have complained thru JJ Cycles in South Africa, who is the distributors of Assos in SA. They replaced the pants with the new generation S5. These pants also started to get see-thru. I complain again thru the cannels to JJ Cycles, with no success. They referred me to Assos in Switzerland (Sabrina Emmasi).

Due to the high cost of these garments, we don’t use it every day during training, maximum 2 times per week. We use other pants like: No Sweat; Anatomic; Parantine, which are even four (4) years old. With no problem what so ever (see photo’s attached). If I calculate the number of time that I wear these pants = 40 times until now.

If the acid level of me and my 14 year old son is so high, what they claim, and then my other pants I’m also wearing must have been disintegrated by now. Assos cannot make back themselves with such unproven statement. Assos price are four time more expensive.

I have been in correspondence with Assos in Switzerland, with no success of pant to be replaced.

The quality of these pants is unacceptable and not expected from Assos.

I look after these garments according to Assos requirements.

Thank u for your time.

Hear form u soon.

Assos / F1 Uno S5 cycling bib

Comments

• Pi
      4th of Sep, 2009

I have never heard anything from anybody since my complaint. What can I axpect from the Board?

• Mo
      7th of May, 2010

I have bought Assos T FI. Mille S5 recently in mai 2010.
    After only using them one time, the material in the seat area already looks worn.
    The worst quality i've ever seen in my 25 years as a compeeting cyclist!
    Yet the highest price I've ever payed for a pair of cycling shorts.
    Morten DK