Association For Lifestyle Reform / Unauthorized charges

United States, California, Ontario Review updated:
Association For Lifestyle Reform
P.O. Box 1606
Phone: 877-378-9240
On 2/5/2009, I received a fax information sheet from Health Care Solutions. stating $0 deductible, PPO network for $199.00/month. Extremely hard to believe, I called the [protected] & spoke to a gentleman named Mike. He said he was from Sioux Falls, SD. He assured me I was guaranteed to be covered starting 3/1/2009 & within 7 to 10 business days, I would receive a 'welcome' packet stating all the particulars of the coverage. He also stated there was a $125 1-time enrollment fee & confirmed the $199/mo. cost. He also told me the coverage would be with Nationwide Healthcare.

1st, I did not get anything for 3 weeks. So, I called the same phone number. Mike was not there, but someone else gave me the phone number of the company who should have sent the information, [protected]. I called this number & was assured they were a bit behind & would get the packet to me immediately after I gave her my confirmation number. My intention was to be able to look over the coverage before sending payment info. Needless to say, this did not happen.

2nd, I finally got the information packet which told me nothing about my coverage. It was a 'sample' brochure & had many choices for the types of coverages available. The cover letter explained I elected the $100.00 office visit with a $10 co-pay. After calling the company again, I then received a 'welcome' letter saying 'Dear Member . . . ALR provides its members educational information & access to a number of lifestyle benefits, including discounts on auto rentals, vations, . . & other benefits. . . you have access to and may enroll into various supplemental health programs. Enclosed you will find you ID card, summary of benefits & a free discount card if you have elected the health program.' Please note this letter is not signed by anyone. There was a schedule of benefits. It is not a $10 co-pay. All they will pay is $100 each visit up to 6 visits a year.

3rd, I proceeded to contact the company again. Spoke to a very helpful lady who told me to go to the WellDyneRx website & they would inform me on the process to fill prescriptions. The only useful info I got was their phone number. So, yes, I called & was informed I am not able to register on their website until I go to a pharmacy & fill a prescription. Once that happens, then I am allowed to get more info on their website. Wrong again. You have to call WellDyneRx to get ANY pricing info. By the way, they suppled me with a Rx discount card with my welcome letter. I was amazed to learn that one of my medications is less expensive by NOT using their discount card.

4th, fortunately the supplier of my medical equipment keeps in touch with me & I gave her the information on ALR. My medical equipment should be listed as 'durable medical equipment' or Rx. She called ALR & they informed her that they were not a health coverage company. They are an 'Indemnity Plan' with no network. She directed me to the State of California Insurance Commissioner website, Legal Information, Code #10176.61. She will submit a claim to ALR for supplies which I should receive next week & we will see what happens from there.

A  29th of Apr, 2009 by
In my case, a company going by Superior Health Benefits sent a fax, third-party enrollment center for the Association for Lifestyle Reform, promoting no money at the time of a visit for primary care, a specialist or chiropractic care. The fax fraudulently claims it’s the largest PPO network for hospitalization and urgent care; huge savings on name brand and generic drugs; no deductible for ER accident injury; up to 60 percent on vision and hearing; and promotes huge discounts for dental office visits--X-rays, cleanings, root canals, etc., and diagnostic lab, X-ray, MRI and EKG.

They asked for a one-time fee of $125 and $299 a month for a couple’s coverage. It claimed pre-existing conditions were OK—“you’ll be enrolled.” Superior Health Benefits (888 880-9718) even gave me the addresses and phone numbers of dentists and doctors in my area, guaranteeing they “accepted” this plan! THIS IS A SCAM! I called two of the dentists and both had never heard of Superior Health Benefits, the Association for Lifestyle Reform nor “National Billing Services, ” which actually withdraws money from your bank account. Via the phone they’ll ask for your name, your social security number, the name of your bank, account number and bank routing number; that’s how they automatically take money! DON’T FALL FOR THIS. NEVER GIVE ANYONE THIS INFO VIA THE PHONE; DON’T GIVE ANYONE YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. PERIOD.

Report these companies to your state DA, the Better Business Bureau and any other state or federal authority.
N  7th of May, 2009 by
Superior Health Benefits is the name of the fly by night marketing company that markets for "Association for lifestyle reform" This company (ALR) is owned by Mr. Brad Wessler. You can see his You Tube advertisements for ALR on line. Mr. Wessler is licensed by the California Department of Insurance (Lic # 0670952) He uses P.O. Boxes in Ontario and Chino Hills California but his place of business is 6251 Schafer Avenue Suite O, Chino, CA 91710 (According to the California Department of Insurance). Never use an 800 number to buy insurance, never give your personal banking information to someone unless you really want an automatic fund transfer to start immediately. Remember a telephone solisitor's job is to close the deal. All they need to do that is to get your checking or credit card info.
A  22nd of Sep, 2009 by

I had a very similar experience with Superior Health Benefits/ALR quite recently and would love to see how this all worked out for you. Could you let me know how I might be able to reach you? I wish I had read your warning in advance!
N  28th of Sep, 2009 by
Anyone that has any information about "Superior Health Benefits" or the phone numbers they use: (888) 202-8884, (877) 818-4956, (888) 880-9718 or someone claiming to be Ed Ganz with a fax number of (619) 374-6810 please contact me at Springwater125@yahoo.com or call me at (609) 276-7733 as I am trying to contact this "Superior Health Benefits" ( if that is their real name) in regard to a lawsuit.
N  6th of Oct, 2009 by
We have been asked by a client to investigate ALR and their fax sale of supposed health care insurance, that is not really health care insurance. Was your money refunded? Would you be willing to speak with us about ALR?
A  16th of Oct, 2009 by
Also scammed BY Superior Health Benefits same Story. Didn't see this online in time unfortunatly.
N  20th of Oct, 2009 by

It has come to the attention of the Association for Lifestyle Reform (ALR) that there may be several organizations that are representing themselves as being affiliated with the Association for Lifestyle Reform. Some of these organizations may go by the name of Real Benefits, American Trade Association, Smart Data Solutions, Superior Health, Premier Healthcare, Integrated Health Plan and C3H. ALR has no relationship with any of these organizations; they are not associated with ALR in any way.

These entities may contact ALR members and represent themselves as ALR affiliates. Please be advised that ALR members contacted by any of these organizations should immediately notify ALR at 877-378-9240.
D  21st of Oct, 2009 by
I have seen all of these negative posts and just had to speak up. I have been a member for over 9 months and have been extremely happy with the customer service I have received from ALR. I was spooked in the begining as the person who sold me the plan over the phone did make the plan sound really good. Once I received the booklet from ALR I read through it and realized the man on the phone had exagerated the benefits. When I called ALR I spoke with a young lady who told me they work with independent marketing companies and went over the plan in detail. She spent alot of time with me yet never did i feel like she was in a hurry to get me off the phone. I understood what I had bought. Whenever i have called my calls have always been answered by a live person who can answer my questions directly. My doctors receive payments quickly and I receive notices that show my portion of the doctor bill. Once they even sent me a check as my doctor would not accept their card. I understand people being angry with the people who sell the plan as the guy who sold me did exagerate but again I wouldnt blame ALR for this.
I personally would rate their customer service very high. To me people should read the material companies send you after you make purchase instead of blaming others.
Lisa, CA