Association For Lifestyle Reform / Health Insurance Fraud

1 CA, United States Review updated:

When I received the phone call soliciting the sale of health insurance, I was told that the policy I was purchasing would have the following:

a) co-pay for doctor visits of $20
b) coverage would include mental health providers
c) prescription coverage with a co-pay for medications of $25
d) payment would be debited from my account in 30 days
e) coverage would be effective Nov. 1, 2008

None of these were true, and they debited my account without prior notification to me right after I agreed to the policy, not in 30 days like I was told originally.

I have incurred over $1500 in medical expenses because of their lies. Do not purchase from this company.

Gr

Comments

• Mi
      7th of Apr, 2009

I got a fax at work about affordable healthcare, for only $199.00 a mo. I called to see what the benefits were all about, sounded good to me, $20.00 office copay, discounted Rx coverage, tat was accepted at all pharmacy's, NOT true, only selected not all longs, not all walgreens, and I never paid the same price twice for the same medeication, and it didnt cover most medications. Also I was given wrong information almost everytime I called the customer service dept. I was terminated due to misinformation on thier behalf, i had to pay additional to get back coverage and then when I lost my atm card i called that day to give them another account info., and they still tryed to take payment from the lost card, that was deactivated, they made NO attempt to contace me via phone, or letter until 3 weeks after the termination date. I was canceled 2/28/09 and the envelope was date stamped 3/18/09, but the letter was not dated at all.
    I called to cancel my benefits, and request a full refund, I was told to fax all info to them which I did and I was told no problem that i was intitled to a refund but that it would take 30 dyas, but the man helping me said he could put a rush request on it, after waiting close to 2 wks, to find out if and when i would recieve my refund i was told no i wasnt intitled to anything, because I was covered. the supervisor was rude to me and acted like i was stupid. i work in the medical field and i do insurance claim handeling and payments posting i do know a thing or two.. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM...THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY, GIVE YOU FALSE INFORMATION AND CANCEL YOU THEN MAKE YOU PAY MORE AND CANCEL YOU AGAIN... THIS IS FRAUDE, A SCAM...DO NOT ENROLL WITH ALR OR ANY INS THAT YOU RECIEVE ON THE FAX OR VIA PHONE THAT SAYS IT'S THROUGH NATIONWIDE, THAT'S WHAT I WAS TOLD MY COVERAGE WOULD BE THROUGH AND NO NATIONWIDE WASNT INVOLVED AT ALL...

• Se
      14th of Jul, 2009

any one wanna join a class action lawsuit against ALR?

sec2029@yahoo.com

• He
      24th of Aug, 2009

Others have had a similar experience. Kindly contact me at bevspo@gmail.com isf you still wish to be part of a class action. Thanks much!

• As
      28th of Aug, 2009

In April, we reached out to Grace (the original poster) via this site because we could not locate her file, but received no response. Grace, we still cannot locate your file. If you have any open issues, please contact our Fraud Investigation Division by calling 1-877-378-9237, or email us at CustomerService@alrassociation.org. If any of you still have open issues, please contact us.

Most of our customers are happy with the services and discounts they receive. We strive to ensure information is made public for potential members. Anyone considering membership with the Association of Lifestyle Reform can research our organization before purchasing at www.ALRAssociation.org.

12th of Sep, 2009

I had some similar experiences. If you would like to follow up, my e-mail address is huntermunter@gmail.com. Thanks.

• Ju
      2nd of Oct, 2009

I have almost same experience. This association is not honest. They just want your money. My email address is pablo08@hotmail.com

16th of Dec, 2009

This company is an absolute fraud!! I now have $1500 in medical bills also!! The first month I had them they cancelled my policy on "accident" and now after it was just cancelled they are claiming I didn't have insurance from Aug-Sept!! Which is so conveniently when my daughter got her CT!!! I am irrate, if it is the last thing I do this company will no longer be in business!!

23rd of Feb, 2010

Association for Lifestyle Reform Adds Fraud Investigation Division to Protect Its Members

Hotline set up for customers

Chino, CA - February 23, 2010 —The Association for Lifestyle Reform (ALR) recently added a Fraud Investigation Division for customers to contact if they believe they did not purchase what was originally promised by third-party marketers.

ALR is a membership-based organization that provides discounted services to its members, such as pre-paid legal services and discounts on vacations, auto rentals, and prescriptions. As a membership-based association, ALR is able to provide discounts on behalf of its members by obtaining group pricing, including limited supplemental insurance benefits.

ALR engages third-party marketing firms to sell memberships. The company carefully screens the marketing firms it works with and sets and provides guidelines when speaking with potential members; however, there have been instances where independent marketing firms deviated from ALR’s guidelines. It is ALR’s policy to ensure the security, privacy and satisfaction of its members. To that end, ALR has established a Fraud Investigation Division. The division will take customer complaints regarding the sales process and investigate the issues regarding the marketing firm involved.

“We are very excited about being able to offer our product to people, however, some members have experienced an inferior sales process, ” said Brad Wessler, CEO of Association for Lifestyle Reform. “Under no circumstances will we tolerate bad sales practices from the marketing firms we work with. Therefore, we set up a division specifically for this purpose and a toll-free number for our members to call.”

About the Association for Lifestyle Reform

The Association for Lifestyle Reform, ALR, provides discounted benefits to its membership. Members benefit from the association purchasing benefits at group discounts. Although one of the many services include limited supplemental insurance benefits, the association does not sell or market health insurance.

Further information please contact: -