ASSETCARE, INC / Debt cancellation

INo-Vision-MedClr-Portflio Group,LLC
PO Box 15380
Phone: 18668492439
I called assetcare, inc and made payment arrangements with them, which I used my Visa to pay them off. More than a week later they begin to send me letters saying I still owed them. When I called them they said the letter would be in the mail the next day stating I had a zero balance. Instead I got another letter which arrived on Saturday, stating that I still owed them, which had to be mailed out after I called them that Tuesday.

N  5th of Aug, 2010 by

ASSETCARE, INC - Collection Account
Assetcare, Inc
5100 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Phone: 866-429-3597

This so called collection agency sent me a letter in mail stating I owed them $944.00 but they would settle for less with a check today. I declined to give them my SSN & place of business which they demanded. They then claimed they will go after equity in my house and do a wage attachment. I asked what the so called account was in ref too. they said Preimire Credit Card. Thing is that company is a pre-paid card service online (i googled it). They also stated it was from 1999. I advised them how could I have an outstanding credit card not on my credit report when I was not even 18 yet in 1999. I told him I'm filing compalints with the BBB and the FTC. Person hung up.
A  11th of Aug, 2010 by
This company send a letter to my sister's house stating i owed $698.00 for a Victoria Secrets bill but they would accept a payment of $348.00 to clear up the debt. I informed them that i was a student and asked if we could set up a payment arrangement for $20.00 a month they told me they would only except $50-$100 and that would go towards $698.00 the $348.00 option would be off the table.I did have a VS credit card and i didn't finish paying it out I told them my last payment was in 2002 he told me yes but it went into collections in 2004.Uhhmm!