Asseenontv.com / Comapany is a scam

1 150 quaker bridge mall rd.Lawrenceville, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: not in service

I paid this website by credit card to order a x - mas gift for my daughter. I ordered using google shopping online. Shoppershalt charged my credit card but never shipped the product. I have tried contacting them since dec. 23rd, but they have not responded via email or online chat. The phone number listed is out of service. I contacted the bbb and they tell me that the aompany is out of business. They are now using the name asseenontv.com, which is registered to the same address. Google is working to get me a refund but the bbb advises to seek legal advice. The item was not expensive enough for that. Don't order from shoppershalt.com or asseenontv.com.

Comments

Je
  3rd of Jan, 2008

ooops...on the BBB the other company name is listed as "as seen on tv", not asseenontv.com.

Ju
  4th of Jan, 2008

I ordered three items from this website on December 14th. The money was taken immediately from my credit card (wish I had done the Google checkout). I couldn't look up my order through the tracking link so I contacted them by e-mail. On December 18th they told me not to worry, the items were being shipped out that day. Never received them and now the phone number takes me to a full mailbox, online chat has been unavailable for days and no one will return my e-mails. I am so mad!! I plan on filing a complaint with the BBB but I don't know if it will make much difference if they are out of business.

Jo
  11th of Jan, 2008

I placed my order on Dec 22nd and they keep telling me they are shipping the order. Now that I know this I will send in to my credit card company the complaint to fight payment for me and get a credit.

We've been had.......

Ta
  17th of Jan, 2008

I too have been a scammed by Shoppershalt. I placed a order on 11/27/07 and after many compaints to them asking for my products that I ordered or a refund I have received nothing but false promises. I've contacted the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's office - I haven't heard back from either one of them - I also wrote a letter to the police department in Lawrenceville, NJ since that is where Shoppershalt is supposidly located . I feel that they have stolen my money so maybe the police can help. I just don't know where to turn for help - evidentally there is no where.

Ma
  31st of Jan, 2008

I've had the same experience as everyone else who has posted. I ordered on Dec. 8 and my card was charged a few days later. I have had numerous contacts with them. They keep saying they sent it out on a certain date... a different date every time... but I never get it. On Jan. 8, 2008 they promised me a refund. When I didn't get it, I contacted my credit card company. Since they promised me a refund, the credit card company said I must wait until Feb. 8 (a month from the promised refund) to file a dispute.

Af
  4th of Feb, 2008

I purchased the swivel sweeper on shoppershalt.com on January 24th, and the website promised delivery in 6 days. However, now it is 10 days later, and the website tracking shows that my order has not been processed. The money was taken from my account on the same day that I placed my order. When I tried to contact them by phone, my call was sent to a mailbox that was full of numbers. We left four messages, but none of the calls were returned. Then, we tried to use the live chat, but no operators responded after 20 minutes of waiting. This has been a royal pain in the ### and the worst consumer experience that I have ever had. Please be careful and DON'T USE THIS WEBSITE!!! IT IS A HOAX TO SCAM YOU OUT OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY. We are going to follow the advice of the previous consumers and try to work with our credit card company to get back our money.

I0
  13th of Feb, 2008

Same experience. I am so mad. Those of you how did get a hold of people, how did you get a hold of them? How did you find out your order had supposedly been shipped?
I need to find out how to talk to these people. If anyone knows, please post it.
###in NJ i bet this is some mafia ###.

I0
  13th of Feb, 2008

by the way i looked up their listed address, its a nail salon

Ha
  14th of Feb, 2008

I too have been a scammed by Shppershalt. I also placed my order on Flavor Wave Oven on Dec 28th. The money was taken out of my account immediately. Here I am on Feb 14the there is no sign of my Flavor Wave Oven and I tried to contact the number is no good. I'm so mad because after over an hour wait to live chat to get help, but no operators responded and here I'm out $100 but no Flavor Wave Oven.

Please post the information, if you know how to contact peace of ### company. I'm so sorry for all of us, because we have to deal with it.

Ca
  17th of Feb, 2008

WOW I wish I would have found this website BEFORE I ordered from these snakes!!!! I only have been taken for 14.99 but it still makes me angry. I called the order # the other day and the guy said I would have to call customer service so here's the yhe # 937-638-2499 I just tried to call the order # 937-237-0800 and it said it had been disc.!!! I've put in a dispute with my credit card and if these people think I will give up they are very much mistaken! what kills me is that they have the BBB plasterd all over their website I will never use this website nor GOOGLE CHECKOUT again!!!! I think google shoud take some ov the blame And does anyone know how I can get in contact with GOOGLE CHECKOUT?

Am
  20th of Feb, 2008

This is a scam, have called the number several times and got the full voice mail message, live chat..... same thing... over 2 hours and no one replies.... I have not been charged on my credit card but will fight if this happens. F%^$% website

Ju
  21st of Feb, 2008

There is no way to get in touch with them unless they want you to. I believe they let the voice mail fill up and then just dump them all, so sometimes you can leave a message and sometimes you can't. I have tried the online chat and gotten in contact with someone but as soon as I asked about my order, I got cut off. If you look on other complaint sites, everyone says they hear from 'Nadine' if they get anyone on the chat. I filled out a contact form early on in the process and got a response saying my package had been shipped but that was an obvious lie. Just looked and I last posted here 48 days ago and still don't have my items. I can log into my account but it shows no order history. One day I got it to pull up and it showed it was 'not processed' but that has been it. I have tried to post something everywhere I can find reference to Shoppershalt. I want to save someone else the trouble! I can't believe they haven't been shut down yet. Still looks legit enough to get us all to order from there. My credit card company was kind enough to credit me the money back so it looks like that's going to be the end of my time with Shoppershalt. Good luck to everyone!

De
  23rd of Feb, 2008

I ordered Walkfit shoe inserts on 1/19/08; my cc got charged on 1/25/08 and no product was shipped. I have tried phone calls (the mail box is alsways full),e-mail (n0 response), and the chat site (5hrs later it was still telling me someome would be with me shortly. I filed a compalint with BBB they told me contact NJ attorney general at 973-504-6200

De
  23rd of Feb, 2008

Call NJ attorney general @ the above number; they will mail a complaint form to you or File a complaint on with the NJ attorney @ http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/ocp/ocpform.htm

Ca
  26th of Feb, 2008

I to ordered the walkfit on 1-26-08 I knew that when I had not gotten an e-mail that they shipped after a few days . I have been calling the order line and telling the guy that I wanted a refund at one point he hung up on me. I have filed a dispute with my cc and e-mailed 2 or 3 times a day nothing seemed to do any good so i tried to get a hold of GOOGLE checkout. almost impossible! then I went to GOOGLE BUSINESS then to the PRESS CENTER then clicked on MEDIA CONTACTS (650-930-3555) (or send e-mail) I sent an e-mailI got a response the next morning! And they got me my refund for me. i just got the e-mail today. maybe if everyone contacted google they could shut down these crooks!

Sa
  27th of Feb, 2008

I ordered the Pancake Puff pan ($19.99)on Feb.19th 2008 , the money was drafted from my account on Feb. 22nd 2008 . On the website as of today (2-28-08) it says that my order has not been processed. In additon to that I have tried to email them and call them. No surprise the email was not answered and the phone mail box was full.I wish I had found this website before I ordered from shappershalt.com but I trusted that site since it had BBB plastered all over it. What a Hoax! I am going to file a complaint with NJ attorney general online but I dont know how I will ever get my money back

Bi
  3rd of Apr, 2008

Just another complaint like the rest... I ordered from asseenontv.com a month ago and still waiting. I emailed them for status, no response. I called them several times, but never able to get a hold of a live person. How can scums like these guys get away with this?

Ka
  11th of Apr, 2008

I got ahold of this customer service number, perhaps it will help someone. (800)236-7996

Ma
  6th of May, 2008

CALL THIS NUMBER 973-638-2499. This is their direct number and someone usually always picks up. Just keep calling, eventually you will get a refund

Da
  30th of May, 2008

I placed a order for Hot air revo styler on 3rd May 2008 and i received order on 8th may. It's a very fast shipping and good product. I really appreciate their sincerity and commitment towards quality.