Aspire Visa / Unauthorized credit card charges

For the past 2 1/2 years, I have been trying to resolve the issue of the credit card company charging a fee for credit card protection insurance. The charge shows up as "Cardsafe, " and is charged monthly, based upon the amount of the outstanding balance. I never signed up for any type of credit card protection insurance, and first discovered that I was being charged this monthly fee, when I paid the card off in September, 2007. When I questioned these charges, they were refunded to me. Subsequently, when I began using the card again, the fees were once again charged to the card. After numerous calls to the credit card company, I disputed the charges in writing. I was then informed by Aspire that Cardsafe is an independent entity, and that I should contact them directly (the phone number is [protected]). When I contacted Cardsafe, they told me that they had no record of my name or address, and that those charges were supposed to be billed to a Michael Taylor, who lived in another city. However, the charges were billed to my card. I expressed to them my concerns that this was a possible identity theft issue, and was told by Cardsafe to contact Aspire Visa, to resolve this issue. Subsequently, this issue was resolved, but the Cardsafe charges continued to be charged to my credit card. Once again, I called Aspire Visa Card, stating that I had never signed up for credit card protection. I was again advised to call Cardsafe. Each time I called Cardsafe, I was always told that the manager (who was never there whenever I called) would call me back. I never received a call back. Once again, I called Aspire Visa, and the customer service representative initiated a three-way call between Aspire, Cardsafe and myself. The Aspire rep explained my situation to Cardsafe, and once again, the Cardsafe rep assured all parties that the manager would contact me. Again, I never received a call. Once again, I contacted Aspire, and was advised to transfer my card balance to a new credit card. The rep assured me that once this was completed, no more fees would be charged to the new credit card. When I received the statement from the new credit card, Cardsafe fees were stlll being deducted from my credit card. I believe that Cardsafe is based in a foreign country (India or the Philippines). I also believe that Aspire Visa and Cardsafe work in partnership with each other, because Aspire consistently failed to resolve my issues with Cardsafe. I believe proper redress would be to refund all Cardsafe fees charged to my account.

Ti

Comments

• Ri
      13th of Dec, 2008
    Aspire Visa - Not processing payment on time

ASPIRE CREDIT CARD DECIDED TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT FOR NO REASON AFTER CHARGING ME 75.00 DOLLARS FOR MY ANNUAL FEE, I WAS NEVER LATE ON MY PAYMENTS AND HAVE THIS CARD FOR 3 YEARS. I CALLED THEM AND REALLY THEY HAVE NO ANSWERS . NOW THATS GONNA AFFECT MY CREDIT SCORE WHATS ALREADY NOT THAT GREAT.

• Fo
      5th of Dec, 2011
    Aspire Visa - Not processing payment on time
    Aspire Visa

I just tried making a payment on the internet to Aspire Credit Card that was due on 8/20/2010 and it would not let me make the payment on the 18th. I was able to make the payment but it will not be posted until the 26th of August and the payment is originally due on the 20th of August! This is unfair especially since we have the internet as a way of making the payment.