Aspire Card / termination of credit

1 Little Rock, AR, United States Review updated:

I too received a notice of termination for my aspire credit card. In 6 years, I have never been late for a payment, never! Yet they still canceled my account, which doesn't look good on my credit.

I asked them to lower my interest, only thing I got was "No!"

This just doesn't seem right but I don't know what to do to address the issue. Any suggestions

More Aspire Card Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• La
      16th of Jan, 2009

1. Aspire Credit is completely shutting down - it has nothing to do with you

2. Aspire credit cards were a collection agency scam - they pretend to help you restart a clean credit history - but in reality - they used it illegally collect a debt that may not have been yours in the first place. Or was to old for them to legally collect - so they send these offers out and the first payment goes to re-aging an out of statute of limitations debt.

Read all about their Credit Card scam - http://www.budhibbs.com/debtcollectorpages/jefferson_capital.htm

• Ji
      6th of Feb, 2009

It's true. The entire program was cancelled. What could have been better would have been cancelling the account as a consumer request before the program cancellation deadline. Slight difference on the credit report but a consumer requests looks better.

• Di
      18th of Aug, 2009

I too was given a termination notice that they were closing my account. When I called and asked them why the guy told me that they were closing all accounts but I was still responsible for the balance and that they would continue to charge the $10.00 a month even though they closed the account. I had never been late and had the card since 2004. Kept a low credit balance but just wanted to have another good trade line. Well they screwed me too and it does look bad on your credit as a closed account with a balance.

• Cu
      3rd of Jan, 2010

yea - they screwed me over as well and i am pissed! i had great credit with them as well - never late on a payment - paid the full balance every month...they closed my card and now charge a monthly charge and $9.95 every time you make a payment - there is no phone number on the website to call...so if you want to make a payment you have to go through all their fees...i'm reporting them to the better business bureau...they are scam artists

• Bk
      25th of May, 2011

I cannot believe this company was allowed to ever exist. They stated harassing me the day I turned 18! I had denied to open a card, but they called me every single day multiple times until i was fed-up and said yes. I knew being 18 and having a card wouldn't be a good move, but I opened an account just to get them to stop calling. Their customer service rep was also extremely rude and pushy. Needless to say they also cancelled my account for absolutely no reason, I was making all my payments! This month I will be done paying off my bill and after that I will take a lot of please in burning that card into molten trash. Also, they have NO PHONE NUMBER for you to call listed on their website. I was only able to email and of course they have not replied.

• Kd
      19th of Aug, 2011

My account was also closed more than two years ago. I continued paying my account. I even made double payments but the balance continued to go up. Is this real?? How can do this to consumer? Is there any help for us?