Aspire Card / Termination letter

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

I received a "Notice of Termination of Card Program" on 11/24/2008. This is all well and good, but since this might adversely affect my credit score/rating, I called and asked for a reduction in my APR which is a ridiculous 24.75%.

The of course said no, a heavily accented no, and tried to just get me off the line. I demanded to speak with someone higher up and they referred me to an account specialist. His answer again was no.

If they are going to abruptly cancel my account which shows on my credit report, which at the moment is excellent, then they should have the courtesy to lower their rates.

I filed a complaint with the FTC and am about to do so with the BBB.

I will also be contacting all the media outlets here in Los Angeles. In scouring the Internets I have found hundreds of similar situations. I think with the credit crisis this might must make a credible news story.

I'd like to see the CEO of Aspire accosted by a film crew.

More Aspire Card Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Tt
      13th of Dec, 2008

i just got one of those letters and i agree something needs to be done.

• Ar
      30th of Dec, 2008

class action law suit... that's what they would do to us if we decided we just didn't want that credit card anymore! got the letter on dec 9th...I work for an attorney and I'm checking into the rights of the consumer in this situation

• La
      30th of Dec, 2008

ASPIRE CARDS ARE A COLLECTION AGENCY SCAM ANYWAY -which is probably why they are closing shop.

Collection agencies offer this card to collect debts that are no longer legally collectable - you make that first payment and you restarted the clock on the statute of limations and probably did not know it.

• Ro
      4th of Feb, 2009

I just got the letter and am steamed. I lost my REAL credit through catastrophic illness in 2004, and had to get an Aspire. These rotten ### just don't care. A sudden closing will adversely affect my mediocre credit rating. So I called and demanded that they send me a letter stating that this is NOT my fault, or else they can sue me for any further payment.

• Sy
      11th of Feb, 2009

I also received the same notice and was informed that I MUST PAY THE BALANCE AS THE INTEREST RATES KEEPING TICKING AND THE BALANCE WILL KEEP GOING UP WE ALL NEED TO FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THIS SO CALLED COMPANY ANY DYNOMITE CLASS ACTION LAYWERS OUT THERE IF SO POST YOUR CREDITUALS

SICK OF ALL BS

• Bd
      20th of Feb, 2009

I sent an email to the Atty General of my state and also to President Obama...I have been paying the charge card on time for the past 3 years with no missed payments..my biggest problem is now getting a VAILD address on who I can send monthly payments too! All I want to do is pay my bill..How can that be so hard? Send me a bill with the address that I should mail the payment too..

18th of Apr, 2009

I am on work assigment in Europe and received termination on aspirecard also last year. I emailed them explaining that they should not charge me interest on repayments as they terminated the contract without giving me notice and therefore I incurred problems as I counted on that credit while I was in Europe. Since they dodn't keep to their contract, ie I can no longer use the card they should stop the interest and $4.25 online payment charge as I have no other means of paying the bill and I don't want to pay that charge.

NO REPLY TO DATE!

I really think we should all stop paying as they messed our credit score by closing the account and file collective complaint.

• Ba
      28th of Jun, 2011

Aspire card is just taking advantage of us. I have the same problem, paying my monthly dues but it seems like my balance is still the same cause of the high interest.

• Me
      15th of Nov, 2011

I too had an aspire card that was terminated with no rhyme or reason. Payments always on time and always paid more than the minimum amount...its bull and something should be done about it.