Aspen / Expensive

1 Stratford, CT, United States Review updated:

I went in for a estimation and a cleaning and was scheduled an appointment for I came back on the appointment day and they took x-rays. So after taking x-rays and checking my teeth they didnt mention anything about a cleaning and told me i needed 12 root canals and 12 crowns and 4 tooth extractions with a total cost of $38, 000+. They told me my insurance would only cover $8, 000 and seemed very quick for me to sign up for some payment plan. I told them that I will call them.

More Aspen Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ba
      7th of May, 2009

I too have been a victim of Greedy dentist and down right abuse. I went to a dentist 4-60 -06
    to have a crown re-cemented and left with the upper right side prepped for a 5 tooth bridge, # 5 tooth extracted. I was dismissed as a patient after he got paid, the bridge was not finished with temp cement. While, attentendng another dentist to get other dental work done on the lower left, (impressions) the upper right bridge came off and it smelled like a dead body! I asked Dr. Broussard if the bridge could now be sent back to the lab and adjusted, she said no an placed that bridge right back over the decay and said that she wanted to start work on the upper "Left side"
    I am now stuck with a lousy job of a 5 tooth bridge that has been "paid for" and was rotten underneath 1 year after the work was done. I tried to sue him but i was given bad advise from an "attorney Jeffrey Cook who advised me to take Dr. Stephen Gork to "small claims" and that i had a cut and dry case. It was dismissed because, Dr. Broussard would not give me an affidavit of merit because she " was not interested in being a witness" but would re-do the work he did for more thousands of dollars. I have everthing documented in her charts. I am devastated, I dont trust dentist at all and its very hard now to trust any so called" Professional" . Who can you trust these days!!!??????

• Da
      26th of May, 2009

I bought the best set of dentures offered to the tune of over $2600 dollars. First, I financed through Care Credit. That was fine except for the fact the branch manager, Dawn, decided to run both my wife's and myself's credit numerous times without permission. Then I had my permanents come in entirely wrong. It seemed like they were made for someone else. I had to call the regional manger, Glen, who was not very eager to rectify the situation. He actually wanted to charge me $300 to make them again, even though it was their error. At the same time, when I told the dentist they were made wrong, he was really rude and disrespectful. I requested not to see that dentist again. During the process of taking molds for the new permanents I was scheduled with that dentist. When I saw him come in the room, I respectfully got off the chair and said I would reschedule. He followed me to the front of the office, yelling and swearing at me with a full office of patients. He then advanced at me as if he were going to actually hit me. Now, mind you, I am disabled. I walk with a cane and can't move to quick. Three hygienists and a receptionist had to get in the way to stop him. I left. I called corporate telling them I felt unsafe to return back to that office. At this point I have endured enough abuse from a dentist no less and still do not have my teeth. I requested a refund. They agreed to refund $1299. Why, I have no idea. That doesn't cover what I paid. THey are refusing to finish making my teeth and won't refund the rest. They are making me out to be the criminal here. The manager, Scott, flat out said I was lying. I told him to pull the surveillance tapes. I have no problem with that . He refused. THis was all done at the WATERVILLE< MAINE OFFICE. Horrible...I will be filing malpractice and small claims suit. I will also file a complaint with the attorney general.

• Ka
      22nd of Jun, 2016
    Aspen - fraud
    Aspen Dental
    Vestal
    New York

My son who is 24 went to Aspen in vestal ny for the 1st time and he was also told they would not schedule a cleaning for him due to his periodontal disease. Now mind you he has had cleanings yearly prior to going to Aspen and has just had the invisalign braces. If he followed their procedure which cost 500.00 then he could get a cleaning. He never went back. Today I went for a cleaning and I had been there previously. Well I was 6 min late so they wouldn't take me for a cleaning but I could have gotten an exam. I took my X-rays and left. Oh and prior to this they had me coming every 3 months for a cleaning due to potential periodontal problems. I asked to speak to manager and after waiting 1/2 hr I left. They have some scam going!! Run from them.