Aspen Dental / worst experience of my life

United States Review updated:

I went to Aspen for a chipped tooth. They were first on the list of providers in the area, so I figured “Why not?” Little did I know that I was about to have the worst dental experience of my life. Everything started out o.k. I was scheduled for a free exam being a first time customer. I went in and got my x rays done. Next step was to see the dentist for a treatment plan. I went in for a chipped tooth mind you. The doctor recommends that because my tooth has chipped multiple times that I would need a crown put on my very front tooth(a $1000 procedure as opposed to $200 for filling a chip). I figured the doctor was just doing what was in my best interest, so I naturally agreed. I went back to the office manager who immediately went into payment and scheduling.

So I am here thinking, “great, this is going to get taken care of quickly”. Miraculously, an appointment opened up IMMEDIATELY so that this dentist could get the process started. The doctor ground my entire tooth down to a nub so that I now no longer have a front tooth; only a replacement. I am a fighter and take shots to the mouth from fists for a living. So now every time this crown gets chipped I will be $600 in the hole to replace it. Little did I know that I would be outfitted with a horrendous looking temporary crown for nearly a month. The temporary crown was just a mold of my old chipped tooth. This is part 1.

Part 2. I was scheduled for a cleaning a few days later. I was 10 minutes late due to an accident detour. I showed up and apologized. The receptionist told me that there is no way that they could take be because the employees were going to lunch. In what world can an employee not push lunch back 10 minutes? Lunch was at 12. I was there at 11:40. The receptionist told me that they need half an hour to do the cleaning. Now I am wondering what kind of teeth cleaning only takes 30 minutes.

Part 3. The temporary crown-chipped tooth crown (which looks awful to begin with because it is a totally different color from my teeth) revealing the metal inside the tooth. Mildly painful and looks even worse than before. I should have just stayed with the chipped tooth at this point. I called to attempt to get it fixed asap being around the holidays. They tell me it will be at least a week. I JUST SAID I WAS IN PAIN!!! A FREAKIN WEEK!??

Part 4. Rescheduled cleaning- 2 hours out of work. Chipped temporary tooth fix- 2 more hours off work. Permanent crown installation- 3 more hours off work.

Vu

Comments

• Bl
      1st of Dec, 2011

Thanks for all the favors, Aspen, but you can keep it next time.

• Ga
      5th of Feb, 2012

You have to have a crown on a root canaled tooth and any dentist that tells you otherwise should have their license taken.

5th of Feb, 2012

fgdf

• Id
      23rd of May, 2012

Being late is not ok, because then they have to push back the other patients who are scheduled after lunch, I don't think that's fair!!!
    Oh and temporary crowns never look as good as the permanent ones, that's why they are temporary and the fact that it's a different color than your other teeth is quite normal-again it's a temporary so it's not the final product. I work at another dental office and people like you annoy me! Get your facts straight and learn to be responsible and leave to your appointments earlier and if you end up having to be rescheduled due to an accident detour, suck it up and be a grown. Nobody is going to give up their lunch break because of you, I never would.