Aspen Dental / refused to work on my teeth

1 Waterville, ME, United States Review updated:

I went to aspen dental as I was having problems with my lower partial plate and did not know if it needed to be relined or needed a new one I also wanted the 4 bottom teeth I have left cleaned as those teeth hold in the denture. well the dentist came into the room and asked what the problem was and I told him. He said take out the denture and let me look at it so I did. He looked at the denture and said I don't see anything wrong with it. I said look at my mouth it is all torn up from it so he looked in my mouth and said oh that's nothing it's just settling in. I said settling in?? it had 4 years to settle in. Well he refused to see anything wrong with it. So I said well I would like the teeth cleaned
He said there is a lot of tartar there. I know I that's why I would like to have them cleaned. Well he said if I find decay under the tartar I won't even bother th fix them. I was in total awe of what this guy was saying to me so much I was at a loss for words. So I said what do you recommend?? he said have the teeth pulled then I will put steel posts in the gum to hold the denture in. I said how much money are we talking about here? he said roughly $4, 000 thousand dollars absolutely insane was my reaction. then he said to be very frank you seem like a nice person but you and I would not get along because you know what you want and I can't give it to you. A dentist that can't do what you want absurd!!! I think he was looking for a large amount of work myself so then he said thanks for stopping bye and I left' Now pray tell what are dentists coming too!!
thanks for listening

Comments

• Ge
      4th of Jul, 2008

Did you ever consider that he might know more than you do about your own mouth?

• Mi
      7th of Oct, 2008

Listen to this responder of "refused to work on my teeth". WHILE it is true that the dentist will know more than the patient regarding one's teeth, there are numerous complaints against Aspen dental across the board.

I, have spent 5 years giving Aspen dental every benefit of the doubt. I spent alot of time and pain to the detriment of my daughter and in addition to that CANNOT EVEN GET THEM TO BILL APPROPRIATELY.

Grant it, the ladies who work at the corporate office try their darndest to rectify situations they can...HOWEVER, THE PROBLEM GOES MUCH DEEPER THAN THAT.

Yet, I sit and small while trying to get them to rectify the issue, get them to file their claims and wait and see what they say when we get to the bottom line.

Thousands of dollars later and much pain and headache, I intend to talk to the Attorney General of my state and possibly to a lawyer.

EVERYONE WHO HAS POSTED HERE NEEDS TO CONTACT THEIR STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, THE BBB, THEIR STATE CONSUMER AFFAIRS OFFICE...and maybe even their local media.

Don't let up.

Me, I took my daughter to a dentist who is much better for her. I am still trying to settle the bill at Aspen that still needs to go through insurance.

DON'T GIVE UP. TALK TO THE GOV'T RESOURCES AVAILABLE!