Aspen Dental / charging us for services covered by insurance
My husband went to Aspen Dental in Belle Vernon, PA as a new patient, as a referral from his insurance, Aetna. He had an abscessed root that was treated and removed by a nice dentist. Then, at checkout time, he was asked to pay $51.80. He paid it, but questioned it and was told, "that is your copay". We then called Aetna whom stated our copay is $18.00, not a cent more, and reviewed with us our benefits, and once we receive our EOB (explanation of benefits from Aetna) to call or show Aspen for a refund. Well, we then received a bill from Aspen for an ADDITIONAL $207.20!!! We immediately called Aetna to again review the EOB and she called Aspen Dental to review it with them. Latoya (a HUGE help!) then informed me Aspen would have a Biller look at the bills and EOB and to call back in 5 days. Well, I just called Aspen and spoke with Sue who was NO help whatsoever. I was told it was being "looked at" by the biller to clear the "confusion" and I would have to wait. (Of course, they didn't have to wait for the $51.80!) I asked to speak with the "biller" and was told I would have to call them back. Of course, I asked how long this process would take and was told "I don't know" and then asked Sue how soon should I call back and was told "maybe next week?" If this is not cleared up by Aspen, I will file a complaint with Aetna, and so on until I have it resolved. I also informed Sue at Aspen that I was owed $33.80. Hmmmm... I wonder how soon I will see that!!!!
More Aspen Dental Complaints & Reviews
- Aspen Dental - unsatisfactory work 
- Aspen Dental - class action lawsuit against aspen dental 
- Aspen Dental - aspen dental practice! 
- Aspen Dental - be weary and do your research! 
- Aspen Dental - fraud & cheating! 
- Aspen Dental Management - aspen dental devastating destruction
- Aspen Dental Management - horrible dentures and would not make them right or give money back.
- Aspen Dental Management - aspen dental customer service
- Aspen Dental Management - crown placed looks like a dead tooth, hurts, and damage done to neighboring tooth when crown was placed.
- Aspen Dental Management - overcharging - east greenbush, ny 12061