Aspen Dental / treatment or lack of

County Rte 64Big Flats, NY, United States Review updated:
3.35
Phone: 607-739-4444
I have been going to Aspen Dental now for a few years. I was never really comfortable there. After all it is a strip-mall dentist. They told me that I needed major work but I only ever had the necessities done a little at a time. I did have to have one tooth extracted after it became infected. I had told the dentist that it was bothering me but he kept putting it off and putting it off until finally there was no saving it.

The other things that bothered me about that office was that they would do x-rays every single time I went in there. It didn't matter if it was 2 months or 2 years. It just seemed like a money making scheme to me. I have cancelled appointments that they had scheduled for me to do major work because I didn't feel confindent enough in them to file all of my teeth down and replace them with crowns or bridges.

I really like Dr. Anand, however this last time I was in to the dentist he had taken his son to college for orientation so he wasn't in the office that day. I was only there for a cleaning but had to fill out new paper work f or any new medical issues since my last visit. Since my last visit I had been diagnosed with a genetic blood clotting disorder, Factor 5 Leiden, that I have obviously had since birth. The Hygeneist came in to do my cleaning and said that she had to wait for the doctor that was filling in for Dr. Anand. I had already waited a long period of time. The doctor came in and asked me to explain this disorder so I did. She would not let the cleaning be done until I got a medical release from my primary. She handed me the paper and told me to drop it off to my doctor and have it faxed over to her office and then they would call me. that was Nov. 12. 2007. I called a couple weeks later and the receptionist said they had not called to reschedule my appointment because they had not heard from my doctor yet. I called my doctors office and they said they had faxed it that day but would also send them one in the mail. I still have not heard from Aspen Dental. I did however get a statement from my insurance company stating that Aspen billed them for a complete exam. They did not do an exam. The doctor may have looked in my mouth for 5 seconds.........and thats pushing it.

Comments

Ru
  11th of Nov, 2008
my wife had zoom teeth whitening done. she reeived second degree burns in three places in her lip area. we paid about 1100.00 in med bills.they conn't think they slould pay anything for pain and suffering. LISA COUGHLIN THE PARA LEGAL/DENTAL HYGENTIST SAID SINCE THERE IS NO PERMANET SCARING IT IS NOT AN ISSUE. THIS WAS DONE IN ROME, NY WILL BE GOING TO LOCAL TV FOR STORY IF WE CAN'T GET A RESONABLE OFFER. RUSS HENRY

Aspen Dental Management Logo Aspen Dental Management