A.S.N. LLC / falsely advertised product and services

1 20100 S. Vermont AveTorrance, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-983-7968

I ordered a product, Natures Acai Berry Supplement, via a web site https://www.trynaturesacaiberry.com/.
The product is distributed by Amir and Sanchez Nutraceuticals, who has a business address listed on the bottle as: 5425 E. Broadway Rd #282, Tucson, AZ 85711. However, their business name and shipping address as shown on their shipping label is: A.S.N., LLC. 20100 S. Vermont Ave., Torrance, CA 90502.
Their sales promotion is that one could order their product for a trial period of 14 days to see if it worked. However, they don't ship the product until a week past the order date via a slow mail service, USPS.
I was given that phone number via an order confirmation email sent on 02/21/2009. I called the complaint line [protected]) after the date I was told I was to receive the product. My phone call was answered in The Philippines. I was told by their representative that it was their company's policy to start the trial period on the order date and that I would have to pay the full amount for the order which would be somewhere over $70 with a recurring charge every month thereafter. I informed their representative that I no longer wanted the product and that I would not accept receipt of it, if it every came.
The product arrived in the mail on 03/04/2009, twelve days after it was ordered, seven days after it was promised.
I called my credit card company and stopped payment on this order.
I am returning the product, unopened, using their shipping label as supplied.
Once I ordered the product I started receiving phone calls from unregistered numbers out of Torrance, California. The first call I answered and refused the additional products and services they were selling. I have received many phone calls so far all of which are hung up after the first or second ring or after I answer the call. I tracked the phone numbers to an address in California which also happens have the same shipping address for A.S.N., LLC. 20100 S. Vermont Ave., Torrance, CA 90502. My phone records are as follows:

Harrassing Phone Calls Record
Phone Number Date Time (EST)
[protected] 2/23/2009 17:54
3/3/2009 12:02
3/5/2009 16:27
3/6/2009 8:38
3/6/2009 11:11

I would like to see this company put out of business and criminal charges brought to its owners.

Ro

Comments

• Wa
      6th of Mar, 2009
    A.S.N. LLC - False Advertising
    A.S.N. LLC
    20100 S Vermont Ave.
    Torrance
    California
    Phone: 1-800-983-7968
    myowndiet.com

I thought I was purchasing Acai Berry Detox from this website, instead I received an herbal supplement that is mainly caffeine.
    I was charged to my card only 2 days after recieving the product
    I attempted to call them and get put on hold for extremely long periods of time or simply get disconnected.
    I intend to get refunded one way or another.

10th of Mar, 2009

Do you have a number to reach the people at this SCAM company???? The 1-800 Does NOT WORK!!!

• Li
      11th of Mar, 2009

I can believe that people SCAM people like this !!! I feel sorry for the lady that keeps getting phone calls

• Ge
      15th of Mar, 2009

I TOTALLY AGREED WITH YOU, THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME AND I FEEL LIKE ANY BODY IN AMERICA CAN DO ANY KIND OF COMPANY THAT IT DOESN'T EXIST, BUT AT THE SAME TIME THERE IS NO CONTROL BY FDA. THEY CREATE THEIR OWN REGULATION TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ANYONE.

• Jf
      16th of Mar, 2009

I ordered a trial of the Acai Berry product in early February 2009, This past week I received a second shipment which I had not ordered. A telephone call to the 800 number, located in the Phillipines, provided the following info: I had been charged$79.96 for the first shipment, $85.91 for the second, $29.95 for another option and $2.95 for another item--- this total of $198.77 represents a billing fraud which I have reported to VISA.
    The company representative stated that these charges would be reversed and provided a confirmation number.

JF in Falls Church, VA

• La
      20th of Mar, 2009

We buy regular on Ebay...not sure if its connected but, I bought some perfume recently and have been reciviing calls from this phone number 213-426-2701 ..I'm getting my phone number changed and will be very carefull as our next ebay purchase. no more...i was told it was from a diet company. I started on the ternet for a diet vitamin, they said it was a free trial, then they asked for my credit card and i declined. after that, ive been getting alot of calls. but like i said, we use ebay regular also...very distrubing.-laura from Chico

• Ti
      22nd of Mar, 2009

I too purchashed the acai berry and the bromalite and have now received addtitioinal shipments although I cancelled the original order. Is there not any agency or government body that can control this type of ripoff that still exists in this modern day era. If we speed, park in the wrong place, jay walk and do anything out of kilter we get fined, ticketed and immediately suffer the consequences. Why can't something be done to these folks that purposely inflict this kind of cheat and scam on innocent people. Where are these police people, these ticketers, and the rest of them when we need help.

• Ho
      24th of Mar, 2009
    A.S.N. LLC - FRAUDLENT CHARGES
    A.S.N. LLC
    California

After canceling my account with this company, I was sent two more packages of natures Aci Berry Supplement. I called 1-800-983-7968 and after telling them that I was not going to pay the $4.99 shipping charges for each jar, the service personnel spoke to his supervisor and told me to keep the bottles at no charge. He reassured me 3-4 times that I will not be charged and to call them back if that happens. So hopefully, this is a better ending after the initial sting that I still had to pay. A note: I saw this Aci Berry product at Wal-Mart recently.

• Sl
      27th of Mar, 2009

I had the same thing happen to me. After I got the first bottle...late...and then I sent it back. I got none of the confirmation emails that they said they sent, I had no way to get a hold of them within the trial period to cancel and just found the number now. I've paid many reacurring charges and paid for "extra" services that I didn't want. This company is awful, and it makes me mad that they run the business the way they do.

• Ca
      28th of Mar, 2009

This was a very bad choice to select this company. I'm so irritated. I was able to use the 1-800 number listed above 1-800-983-7968 and reached a customer service rep. I had some difficulty understanding him, and requested that I cancel my upcoming orders (I've only received one -- and got it late like everyone else -- and they charged me the $79. When I was cancelling -- he tried to give me three confirmation numbers. I am hearing impaired and his accent was pretty thick so I couldn't understand exactly what the three numbers were for, but finally realized he was tyring to give confirmation numbers for additional services/products. And, it was clear he was recording my responses. It was obvious I wasn't going to finish the conversation without taking the three numbers, so I did, but said repeatedly (while being recorded) that I didn't want to continue with my current order, nor did I want any additional products, and that I was not comfortable with the three confirmation numbers. I'll get back to this site with any updates.

31st of Mar, 2009

I had a similar experience. Although I am responsible for not reading the fine print - or whatever confirmation email they sent, it still seems unethical to not provide a refund for unused, unwanted product. They finally agreed to process a refund for 85.91 for the second shipment, the $29.95 for some program I didn't know existed, and 2.95 for whatever else they were charging me for. From her repetitive responses about how I only had 14 days, etc to cancel, and they sent me an email, blah blah blah, it is obvious that other people call with similar complaints - her response was well rehearsed. What company who really stands by their product would not provide full refund for unused merchandise? They would not take back my initial bottle even though it is unopened! I feel lucky to have gotten out of this without losing too much - it's the principle, they are scam artists.

• Ba
      4th of Apr, 2009

I was under the assumption that it was on a free trail bases with paying only shipping.

Thank you to the person who put the number up, I couldn't find these guys for nothing on line. Customer service was aweful. Lady employee got irrate with me because I told her to repeat my cancellation number over 3 times...why you ask?? I couldn't understand her and she was talkin like I she was in a rush to get off the phone. Never again!!

• Ir
      8th of Apr, 2009

This is a total scam. I only wanted the "free" trial. I got thru to a service rep and argued with her that I wouldn't pay any of the charges that had been put on my credit card. I wouldn't back off and told her if she didn't work with me the next person she would hear from would be my lawyer. Then I checked the credit card and found a charge of $85.00. I have that under complaint with the credit card company. I have no intention of pay for this stuff. And, I got another bottle in the mail a few days ago...I'm sending it back unopened...return to sender. These people should be run out of town the sooner the better.

• Gl
      10th of Apr, 2009

I have also had trouble with this comapny. I tried to send the product back and it came back to me with a label that said "not deliverable at this address". In the mean time I have received ANOTHER bottle and charge. The 800 number does not work- I am not sure what to do next!

• Sh
      17th of Apr, 2009

I have tried repeatedly to get this company to stop sending me products. I only wanted to try the initial free product. I have returned the product with a letter cancelling any further orders and they are not respecting it. Where can we report this company to get action?

• St
      25th of Apr, 2009

I too havetrouble with this company. I have now received a third charge after returning the second shipment along with a letter to cancel. I disputed the second charge and I will dispute the
    third . Unfortunately I used my debit card for the order instead of a credit card. Not sure what to do next.
    Maybe I'll contact Dr. Oz or Oprah, that's how I found out about this product.

• Us
      25th of Apr, 2009

It appears that they are an LLC Corp. So they are listed with the state and will have an agent listed. I know they send a lot of spam out on the Internet. Investigator@Legal-Justice.US
    __________________________________________

• De
      7th of May, 2009

I had the same thing happen to me. I too used my debt. card and they took out $81.00. I got them back i cancelled my debt. card and acct. at bank. So they can no longer take money out. Also beware of other companies involved like www.selfhelpffc00 they took an additonal $29.95. Everyone should complain to Dr. Oz and Oprah and shut these Scam people down!!!

• Br
      15th of May, 2009

I also ordered a free product on line and paid for the shipping charges. Once I received the first bottle I called them that I did not want the product and I will mail it back.He said that my order was cancelled and gave me a cancellation Nr. They are still sending it to me and I am still being charged $85.00. I called the Credit Company to dispute the charges, however they were closed. I will call them again and block this company from charging to my credit card. Criminal charges should be brought against them. Bree

• Bk
      16th of Feb, 2012

Here is more than a coincidence. The address for this company is the same address that ALLUSKIN, PHONE NUMBER 1877-766-5110 AND 877-212-1904 USES FOR THEIR SCAM. Alluskin's webpage advertises product free except for the shipping so while you are focused on filling out the order you may not notice a statement to the right and lower on the page that states that you have so much time to respond after receiving the product to avoid another and another charge to your credit card. These charges range from $89.98 to $92.93 a month. Even if you refuse shipment and send it back they charge you because you did not call them to get a special return number. If you do not check your credit card closely they can get into you for 4 or 5 hundred dollars in a very short perios of time. They do not care that the product was returned. Another outfit that does the same thing except they make a one time charge to your credit card is AURAVIE LOCATED AT 7900 GLORIA AVE., VAN NUYS, Ca.. They hit you with a $97.88 charge to your credit card when you do not respond on time.