Asigne Factory Service / 6 wks. and still not fixed

1 4260m s. 76th streetGreenfield, United States Review updated:
Phone: (800)905-9505

we purchased 1 Maytag washing machine. and 1 10yr. waranty .we had a problem with washing machine so we call the waranty company.(A@E Factory Service) I believe this was on the 7th or 8 th of sept. they sent someone out on the 13th of sept. The reason I had them come out was because of "water leaking on floor". The technician comments were " Part failure: allow 2 tech. 1.5 hrs. neads gearcase. Parts required: transmision, cover, sub kit. Technician told me the reason for water on floor was" that it was splashing over top of tub". reschedual date was sept. 22/ 08. I CALLED Them on the 9/21/08 to let them know that we did not have all the parts yet. They told me that 1 part was on back order and they already new that. We were suppose to call them when the part came in. the part came on or around the 10th of oct. and we got an appointment day of oct. 24th 08.( we are now 5 weeks into this.) the tec. that came out to repair our washer now tells us that the reall reason for the water leaking is because the plastic tub had a hole in it... this was never ordered out. So they left, and told me to call the office. I called they told me they would order would take about a week. now we are around 6wks. into fixing washer and I am spending about 34.00 dollars a week in laundry mat. I asked them to give me location of there supplier and part #. they did and I check myself. they could of had itover nighted for an extra $20.00 . I even told them i would pay for it. But it was not part of there policy to overnight things.On 10/24/08 they came out and fixed washer. 2 days later 10/25/08 my washer has a belt burnning issue. I called hopping to find out if this was just an issue of new belt and it was tight or was there a chance some thing was not right. of course they said it was not there policy to say over phone so now we have to set another appiontment to have them look at it. I am so mad. I paid 400.00 for washer 145.00 for warranty. roughly 450-500 dollars . the bill so far 993.52 plus my 200.00 for laundrymat and 2 days I had to leave work early. We are close to 1200.00 dollars for a 400.00 dollar washer . makes no sense..

To

Comments

• Ne
      12th of Jul, 2008
    Assign Repair - Business ethics
    A@E Repair

A @ E Repair (Sears) sent out a technician for washer repair. The parts to be repaired were determined to be in working order. A new part was ordered and when technician opened carton, the part was damaged, it had been used and damaged. Personnel was very rude and told me that I should do business with someone else and that they are not responsible for the parts. I believe that if you send your truck with your name and a technician that was wears a shirt with your name and you are getting the money, then your are responsible to make sure the parts are not damaged. A burnt spot on any mechanical part is a burnt spot. This all started on 06-25-2008 to 07-12-2008.

• Sp
      10th of Jul, 2009

I HAD SIMIAR PROBLEM, IT HAS TAKEN 5 WEEKS TO REPAIR MY WASHER. ITS BEEN A NIGHTMARE!! ALL DUE TO A&E FACTORY SERVICE. MANY PARTS WERE ORDERED AND INSTALLED ON THEIR TERMS AND TIME, NOT MINE. ITS LIKE NO ONE WORKS BUT THEM. ENED UP PAYING $600 FOR REPAIRS, THE 1ST TIME WHICH INCLUDED AN EXTENDED WARRANTY, THEN THE MACHINE STILL DOESNT WORK, SO HERE WE GO AGAIN. NOW THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR THE PARTS AND LABOR, BUT ITS MORE THE TIME FRAME, WAITING FOR PARTS, NEEDING TO BE THERE, DAYS AT A TIME. IT WAS THE MOST FRUSTRATING TIME EVER IN MY LIFE!! I'M STILL NOT SURE ITS FIXED CORRECTLY!!

• Ji
      30th of Dec, 2009

A and E Factory Service has not impressed me in the least bit. I have been on many websites that contain blogs and reviews, and believe me, I am not alone by any means.
    First of all, I am led to believe that the so called "dispatcher/operator" has no control over what the "service tech" does. This company has one of the worst communication issues that I have ever experienced with a repair company. No one really knows what's going on. You can guarantee you will not speak with the same operator twice. I had scheduled a recall fix for my Maytag fridge and specifically told the operator that I work during the daytime and can't be home until 4:30pm. I had the feeling they did not like me dictating what time their tech should show up. The best they could do was the standard "8 to 5" window. How nice. Take a day off of work just to babysit. The woman told me she would try to make it his last stop. I gave both my home and cell phone number and specifically told her to have the tech call me on my CELL number because no one would be home so he could let me know if he would be there at 4:30, 5 pm, so on. This really went far. The tech shows up to my house I believe at 1:30pm (according to the post it note on my door), calls my home phone barely leaving any information except a PRIVATE caller number, calls my cell number once when I was in a noisy area and instructs me to call the "1-800" number again. It wasn't five minutes later I called the 800 number to find out what was going on. It didn't take that "tech" any time to call and cry to the dispatch that I wasn't there, and probably leave and do the same thing on his next stop. Dispatch calls me and wants to rescedule. I went round and round with two different operators. I finally had enough. Just like I wrote above, they do what they want to do, and the communication factor is terrible. But if they can get away with this shoddy business practice, they will.