Ashworth University / Fraudulent Claim of Sevice

430 Technology ParkwayNorcross, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800.957.5412

I was looking online for a school to receive training and be certified in HVAC. My employer wanted me to get certified. I called the Ashworth University 800 number and asked to be mailed INFORMATION about the school. The representative spoke very poor english and I was having difficulty communicating with him. He finally told me that if I gave him a credit card number that I would only be charged $4.00 to receive information about the program by mail. I naively gave him my employer's credit card information so I could get the information. I later received a box in the mail (which I did not open) and a bill for several hundred dollars. I called the 800 number again and told them I only wanted information and that I wasn't paying for the program and they told me to return the box at my expense and they would terminate the agreement. I told them that there was no agreement that I only asked for information. I angrily hung up the phone and threw the box in the trash. There was never any agreement for me to pay more than $4.00 and I believe that Ashworth University is using a scam marketing procedure to force people to pay for service that is not authorized.

Comments

Pa
  23rd of Jul, 2010
Pa

Ashworth University - they suck
ashworth university

I have a complaint about ashworth university. After I fully paid them off in 2006 out of my taxes I didn't get a bill until the end of November. I got a bill for $9.00 from Arrow Finace out of millwaukee stating I owe $9.00 to Ashworth Universuty. So thought about it and thought I'll just pay it. I paid it a few days after the due date. I went to go log on to my account with Ashworth and couldn't get on. So i contacted them threw email telling them i couldn't get on and i got a letter from Arrrown Finance. They told me I didn't owe anything. I called them up and the lady told me that they have on my account that they sent the $9.00 bill in 2007. It don't take over 2 years to get a bill if they want their money badly. I told her i paid it and I want to get on to my school account. She said I had to pay a $250.00 fee to get back with them because once a bill goes to Arrow Finace they have to cancel the account. If that was true then why did it take that long to get a bill plus why didn't they cancel my account in 2007 and not in december of 2009. They just want money from us. I had 2 exams to finish and I was completly finished with my work. I would have graduated but thanks to them I didn't. They are money hungry and will lie just to get extra money. I contacted Arrow Finance and told them I want a paper saying that i paid it and don't owe a thing. They said in 14 days I should have one. Well a month later and nothing. So i called them and they said by march 15th they will be mailing it out. This was febuary when i called them. Well it is july and still nothing so its just a scam to get money out of people who are trying to better educate themselves.
Sc

Ashworth University - Joke education
Ashworth University

This school is a joke. You get out dated material, you get no help at all, and the assignments are *** and not applicable to the real world. I am taking my masters in Criminal Justice. They lied about their tuition special and now claim I owe them $6, 000 more to finish their lame program. You get NO communication with the person grading your paper (Supposidly a teacher of some sort). Your assignmnets are suppose to be graded within 10 days, I have yet to get one done even in 20 days. Half of the websites that they give you for the assignmnets are not there any more. I have to ask the business administrator questions if I don't understand an assignmnet. Then she cuts and pastes from the syllabus, as if reading it in an email will change anything. The classes are lame, and no contact with anyone. The graders assign you a grade and absolutely no comments back on why you got the grade. They tell you to resubmit a paper, but the computer won't let you. Truly, do not go to this school. It is a degree mill. Totoaly worthless. I will be making a formal complaint to DETC and hope everyone else does too.
Ki

Ashworth University - Bunch of scammers
Ashworth University

I signed up with them to complete an associates degree with them. I did it online and paid the $15 down payment. A few days later (about a week) I called to cancel. It has been almost a year and I get a call today saying I owe a $215 cancellation fee and that my account has been placed in collections. Apparently you only get FIVE days to cancel in order to avoid this extremely high rip off cancellation fee. You do not even receive your first book before 5 days.However, I certainly was not told about this 5 day thing before hand. What a bunch of untruthful people just trying to get money!