Ashwood University - Life Experience Degree / Stay away from Ashwood as they are rip offs!

1 Switzerland Review updated:

I recently was looking for an online degree, and found ashwood university. After paying my fees and enrollment I ended up getting a invoice through my credit card for about $3500.00 the maximum limit.

I called them and asked for refund as i just wanted an assessment. In response they denied it and said it would ruin my credit if i did not make payment. I was very upset.

Speedy Degrees (speedydegrees.com), Ashwood University, Belford University, Affordable Degrees (affordabledegrees.com), and Rochville University are operated by the same people. Other sources link speedydegrees.com to Ashwood University.

Now i am out of the money. I still needed a degree and found through a colleague another university online called brixtonuniversity.com.

Brixtonuniversity.com was much more affordable and reliable and i received my degree within weeks. This is absolutely great. Stay away from Ashwood as they are rip offs.

Na

Comments

• Ke
      14th of May, 2009

total ###s fake ###!!!

• Le
      18th of Jun, 2009

You're a bunch of idiots! I'm 30, graduated high school at 15 and am currently completing my Ph.D...legitimately. Yes, I have a B.A. and a Master's, both from fully accredited universities...after many years of study.

I should feel sorry for those of you getting ripped off, but I'm glad. It gives individuals like us (those who truly deserve letters after our names), an advantage in the real world to work and appreciate what we've earned.

I have a feeling this is only going to get worse with Obamie in office. "Take from the responsible and give to the ###s who don't have a clue."

P.S. Whenever ever I see a resume cross my path that I know contains illegitimate educational degree, you better believe I drill questions in the interview. You should see the look on these candidate's faces; they don't have a clue about the field and are just as shocked to find out they weren't qualified enough (probably the look on their faces when they originally got ripped off).

Get a life and get a real degree!

• Je
      18th of Jun, 2009

A person can have the 'experience' in a particular field but for whatever reason was unable to attend a college or university to earn a traditional degree. Let's say that you have experience but not the required 'degree' to qualify for a position. An online university will award you a degree for your 8 years of experience and for far less money than normally paid in a traditional educational institution.

If a person is able to perform the duties of the position they have applied for and a degree was acquired from an online, accredited university but not 'traditional' in their practices, what is the problem? I believe that most of the animosity comes up because of jealous. Get over it.

• Ec
      12th of Aug, 2009

Can some one please tell me if they know that Hill Universitsity or Lorenz University or Corllins University are real or fake I would like to know so can u please email me at [protected]@gmail.com thank u so much

22nd of Oct, 2009

Hi Shelley,

Not only Lorenz University is fraud and a diploma mill, but they are cheaters and thieves. I ordered a PhD for fun. They gave me a slight discount, but then went back on their words and wanted to charge me more, which I refused. Then they never answered my emails. They charged me (read stole) over $8OO. OO. Please stay away from these crooks!

Best,
    Saila

16th of Dec, 2009

jeannie...you're an idiot. yes, you're right. we're ALL jealous of you. you got us! the jig is up! those of us who have real degrees have the ability to get jobs without getting in trouble for having a fraudulent degree. of course, i wouldn't expect you to understand, seeing as you don't have a college degree or anything.

16th of Dec, 2009

ashwood university is a knock-off, fraudulent version of ASHFORD university in clinton, IA...from where i graduated with my bachelor's. it's well-known these so-called universities get their names from accredited, reputable universities.

16th of Dec, 2009

here's a tip for all of you...if the website doesn't have .edu at the end of it, it's not a real university or college. for instance, i see many of you speaking of this brixtonuniversity.com. if it was a real university, it'd be brixtonuniversity.edu. that, alone, tells a lot about the difference between a real and fake university.

• Sm
      9th of Jan, 2010

i have bought my Bachelors Degree in Social Work at Corllins University, and i have been working for The Department of Child Services for 2 years now. So, THANK YOU CORLLINS!!

• Vi
      12th of Feb, 2010

Look, lets get a handle on things, the worlds changing and these online degrees awarded for life experience can be a viable option for those who have years of experience, but no qualification. This type of degree will have to be awarded carefully and with all the necessary checks and verifications in place. And can be on par with main stream qualifications.

At present we see this happening with NVQs which the UK government is subsidising and promoting.

My next point is some main stream degrees, acquired through student and lecturer fraternising (or being socially/sexually involved) how do we access this one.

Done in the correct way thumbs up to life experience qualifications.
    Vincent

• Ni
      26th of Feb, 2010

well I agree that all these universities and not real and they all are fake, any university assures or grants a degree based on your life experience is not true, universities are only allowed accpet 7 credits maximum for your life experience and rest you have to earn through studies, I am doing some research on the universities and sorry to say that the author of this topic seems like scammer by himself, he mentioned that he paid $ 3500, I was unable to find that if any of the purchasing or product costs you that much on ashwood university's website so this is not true, 2nd he has mentioned some university and indirectly tried to convince people to purchase from that website and that website seems 70% similer if not 100% to ashwooduniversity, these both websites are using one aplication, have one security provider...readers both are fishy rest is up to you...

• Ks
      18th of Apr, 2010

Lorenz university is fake if you pay the fee, they will not contact you even management will reply your mails. They are cheater & [censored] . Amercians shows they are very careful about world & envirnment etc, but they are [censored], cheater & terriest himself.

• Zp
      19th of Apr, 2010

is Corllins University fake?? please help me guys, , , thanks

• Lo
      22nd of Sep, 2010

I totally disagree with all of you. I applied to their carpentry program, and it was wonderful. I got my certificate and no i have a well paying job at my local carpentry shop. without their degree programs i would not be in the place i am now. All it cost me was $595. Ashwood University is NOT A SCAM!!! so far all the complaints have been from non students. so why dont you ask the source instead of listening to people who have never attended this fine establishment.

• Si
      24th of Oct, 2010

I ordered a Bachelor's degree from Ashwood University. I got an uncomfortable feeling just after he processed the card because he was rushing me off of the phone, so I said hold on and tried to google the university to see if it was infact a scam. All that came up at the time was a website saying that it wasnt a scam. so I let him go. Then I looked at the domain name and realized that it was a message from the ashwood university. So I got ripped off for $700.00. Now I am trying to cancel the transaction and they have blocked my number. Does anyone have any idea how to get your money back from these scams? I called my bank explained that it was a fraudlent transaction and they said that there isnt anything that they can do, I will have to wait and file a transaction dispute, which could take months and I will have to pay off the balance in the mean time. Help me please! has anyone been successful in getting their money back from these scams, if so how did you do it?

26th of Oct, 2010

hey i was about to let ashwood uni charge me, but here is a copy of the live chat with ZACK STEVENS:

me; can you please provide me the adress of your uni
    zck: oh i can see you did not proceed the order yet?
    me: well i subscribed but i want to know your location >>>
    zck: You have to order your degree, once its done, I will provide you our location and adress
    me: why should I pay to get a free information? I'm not gonna process because Im now sure your company is a scam
    zck: you are welcome>
    me: stop contacting me and delete my file
    zck: ok here is our location, 1250 Colina street, Humble, TX, USA
    now please process the order.
    me: so? was it so hard for you to give me your adress?
    zck: sorry- now click here.

I was about to deal with them, but this guy proved me their customer service is lame and weak, by the way, I check on the US EDU.COM website, and ASHWOOD IS NOT ACCREDITED and their diploma is not recognized anywhere, but Brixton apparently is ...

13th of Nov, 2010

Please dont trust [protected]@hotmail.com .He cheated me so guys he made me fool and i aware u dont be the next.

• Ba
      1st of Dec, 2010

Lorenz university is true or fake? please advice...

• Gr
      7th of Dec, 2010

YES THE ASHWOOD UNIVERSITY AND ITS STAFF ARE BIG CHEAT. THEY HAVE THEIR AGENTS IN MIDDLE EAST, ASIA(PAKISTAN)
    THEY ALWAYS MULTIPLY THEIR CHARGES AND ONCE YOU OK AN AMOUNT THROUGH YOUR CREDIT CARD, THEY WILL CHARGE YOU DIFFERENT AMOUNTS AT THE SAME TIME. WHEN I ENQUIRED ABOUT THEY TOLD ME THAT IT WAS JUST BLOCKED AND AFTER SETTING ALL THE PAYMENTS THE REMAINING WILL BE UNBLOCKED OR REFUNDED. IT HAPPENED WITH ME PERSONALLY. THEY ASKED ME TO PAY $400/= AND THEY CHARGED TO MY CREDIT CARD $ 3000/= IN THREE DIFFERENT SPLITS WITHIN 24 HOURS.
    NOW I AM ASKING THEM TO REFUND AND THE GUY WAS IN CONTACT (GARY SHAW) NOT RESPONDING THE CALL AND SURPRISINGLY THE PHONE NUMBER HE CALLED FROM NEVER CONNECTED AND IS SEEMS THE NUMBER IS POWERED OFF. I LOST MY AMOUNT AT THE HANDS OF THESE CHEATERS. THEY ARE FUNCTIONING FROM USA AND AUSTRALIA ALSO.

• Da
      12th of Dec, 2011

i did the same mistake as the rest they send my degree but wrong one i ask for counselling they send me human resource and wrong date of birth