Ashley Sanger Recliners / Damaged merchandise!

1 United States

In the summer of 2006, we purchased two Sanger recliners. Now, in mid-September we noticed springs poking out the back of both chairs in approximately the same location. I contacted the store and they said we could either bring them in for repair or we would have to pay $35 for them to come and get them. My position is that these chairs were defective from the factory and didn't feel I should be expected to pay them anything to have the chairs picked up and fixed. I wrote to Ashley's home office and their response was they didn't have any control over the local store and it was the local store that made their own policies. This is the second time we've had problems with Ashley furniture. The first time we purchased two expensive chest of drawers only to have them damaged on the truck. They wanted to fix the chests but I told them I didn't pay $1200 to get damaged merchandise. After many angry phone calls the manager finally agreed to bring us two new chests. This is the only reason we again shopped at Ashley. After all the trouble we've had with them it will be the last time we'll ever go to Ashley for furniture.