Ashley Recliner / Damaged...Defective Broke and Not Usable

San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:
Buyers Beware! Ashley delivered a recliner that the metal frame mechanism was broke...right out of the box. I did not accept delivery or a replacement recliner that the delivery man said they could re-deliver in one week. But after turning the recliner upside dow i saw it was made out of particle wood which I noticed was splitting, total crap and not even plywood.

I was told to call customer service within 3-days which I immediately did and followed up by a fax to them cancelling the order. I was told that I had to come to the store in person to sign the cancelation order. I repeatedly asked why I would need to do this as the mistake was theirs and to just refund my credit card. They repeatedly refused and insisted that I come in to the store.

Finially I found out what it was all about. They would not be refunding the $39.99 delivery charge. This is nothing more than extorition.

Terrible customer service, and poor quality. It would cost them close to $40 to send their 2-men and their large truck out to redeliver (approx 45 miles round trip).

Shame on Ashley Furniture, Don't Buy from them. They are deceptive and unfair in their business practices. What about customer satisfaction? Not At Ashley Furniture...

Comments

Sh
  23rd of Dec, 2008
Dear Sir or Madam:

It is correct that under our No Hassle policy, you are able to cancel your order without penalty. However, the delivery fee is non refundable and there is a pick up fee as well as these are services rendered. To avoid a pick up fee, you are able to bring the merchandise back to our warehouse. This information is provided at the time of purchase and appears at each of our sales counters in every store. To obtain the refund, you must sign the applicable paperwork in person at the store of purchase. If you have any further questions or we can assist you further, please contact our customer service department at 858.225.3100. Thank you.

Shannon Burrus