Ashley Furniture Homestore / ashley furniture store, university, mccullough dr., charlotte nc

Charlotte, NC, United States Review updated:

If you can’t beat a competitor’s price, then be honest and let the customer know. Don’t say you can, then screw them by giving them lesser value items. Ashley furniture will never get my business again.

Long story: on september 9, 2017, I went furniture shopping for bedroom and dining room sets. I am near charlotte, nc, and went to furniture row, then ashley, then rooms to go. When I went to ashley, I didn’t see anything I liked, but spoke to a salesman named jamar about a new mattress set. Jamar was very professional and even though I saw nothing I liked in the store, I told him I may come back for the mattress set and that I would call him before I purchased in another store in case he could give me a better deal. I ended up purchasing at rooms to go and obtained an estimate for a split king sized mattress and adjustable base, king pillows, cooling mattress covers and cooling pillow cases. Even though it would be easier to purchase everything as rtg, I told the rtg salesman that I am going to give the other salesman at ashley a chance to earn my business if he can give me a better deal on a comparable mattress set. I was spending more than $10k and wanted to “share” the business with another salesperson. Boy! Was that a mistake!! I called jamar and told him about the estimate I received and said that if he can beat it, I would come back to ashley to purchase. He said to come back and they will be sure to beat it. When I arrived, I was met by his manager (Whose name I can’t remember, so I will refer to him as jmgr) who said jamar was with another customer and that he would assist me. The rtg estimate I showed him was for around $3800. The first estimate he gave me was over $4000 and didn’t include the cooling pillow covers. So how is this a better deal? I explained that I want a comparable deal for less and that if he cannot give me a better deal, then I will call rtg and tell them to go ahead and process the estimate. Jmgr asked me what I wanted and I said $3500 with everything, including the cooling pillow cases you excluded, and he said he would work it out. This is only $300 or 10% less than what I was already quoted by the other store. You’d think it wouldn’t be so hard. He came back with an estimate of $3620 and said that it also includes a warranty ($99) which was not in the other estimate, and I said ok. I quickly reviewed that all items were on the purchase order, then signed it and was happy with my purchase. Jamar bagged the pillows and cover items and brought them to my car and thanked me for my business. The items arrived on september 29th (The day after I moved in) and I opened the ashley bags and put the pillow cases on the pillows. That evening as I laid on the pillow, I didn’t notice any “cooling” feature. The next day I looked carefully at the pillow covers and realized the package did not say they were cooling pillowcases. Not only that, I realized the pillows were queen/jumbo size and not king size. I called the store and spoke with jamar and emailed him copies of the packages. He said they were the cooling ones, but I beg to differ since they didn’t provide the cooling I expected. He eventually emailed me asking to stop in the store, and I was able to return to the store on october 15th and brought the items with me. When I got there, he asked me to speak to a manager. When he led me to the manager, the first thing she said to me was that the items I purchased were final sale and they don’t give refunds. Now i’m wondering why I am here. Why did I waste an hour driving here for someone to tell me they would not replace the items or refund me? I told her the story about how I ended up with these items and that I felt I was screwed since I did not receive the items I expected. Jamar tried to explain that I did receive the items, but he was absolutely wrong, since they were not comparable items to the rtg estimate. Ashley did have cool-touch mattress covers, but gave me the cheaper ones without telling me since they were trying to give me the price I wanted. He also said that the queen/jumbo pillows are the same as the king sized one. If this is true, then why are these pillows drowning in my king pillow cases? Even the fake cooling covers are too big for this queen sized pillow. Bottom line: if they couldn’t give me the comparable items at a lower price, then they should have let me know so that I could decide if I want items of lesser value instead of leading me to believe that they gave me a good deal. This is proof that no good deed goes unpunished. Don’t trust these salesmen! Or this store!!

A resolution would be to refund me (Order #[protected]) what I paid for the pillows and the pillow and mattress covers so that I can go purchase the ones at rooms to go.

Dawn - a pissed off customer

• Updated by Dawn - Pissed, Nov 17, 2017

I haven't heard from Ashley Furniture and I contacted customer service and gave my complaint over the phone, then emailed my complaint to [protected]@shopashley.com. Apparently they don't care!

Da
Oct 16, 2017

Comments

•   Nov 02, 2017

Dawn - Pissed; If you would like to shoot the details along with the order info to [protected]@Roomstogo.com I would be happy to look into this for you.