Ashley Furniture / refused to change delivery date & had to fight to return item
I paid $3000 cash for furniture at the Ashley store on IH 10 in San Antonio. I thought they were great as I am from New England & not familiar with the store until the money was in their hands. I set a delivery date for mid April as I was not sure when I could get into the apartment I was renting and needed to have the rest of my things shipped from New England. I was told by the salesperson that that date could be changed. When I was told that I could have the apartment soon after April 1, I called and was told the delivery date could not be changed and had to sleep on the floor for two weeks. Delivery included a recliner that I was not able to close and when I called to return it I was forced to call the store 4 times and get feisty to be able to return the chair. They offered to send a service technician to look at the chair, but it would have been after the 14 days and if the chair was deemed fine by the technician, I had no recourse, just a chair I could not use as a recliner as I could not close it. The other option was to pay $99 for them to pick it up or rent my own truck to return the chair before my 14 days were up. I opted for the latter and am now out $150 for the truck rental/fuel. They generated a credit memo, but I will have to fight with them to get my cash back to spend it elsewhere. I will not ever buy anything else from Ashley Furniture!!!
More Ashley Furniture Complaints & Reviews
- Ashley Furniture - peeling leather couch 
- Ashley Furniture - not honoring warranty 
- Ashley Furniture - cancel order 
- Ashley Furniture Homestore` - exchange or refund policy! 
- Ashley Furniture - damaged furniture delivered! 
- Ashley Furniture Industries - failing to receive the recliner I bought more than 2 months ago!
- Ashley Furniture Industries - customer service and delivery
- Ashley Furniture Homestore - customer service
- Ashley Furniture Homestore - protection plan
- Ashley Furniture Industries - patola park sectional